Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
walhan_qtr
My Carrier: T-mobile
Accepted Solution

Again... text messages not transferring to my Q10/Z10

I know this has been discussed a lot but I am not sure what is the latest info/news. so I bought this Z10 few weeks ago and NEVER used it because when I tried to switch my device to the new one, it didn't transfer my SMS/text messages to the new device.

I tried MANY MANY Times. switching from my 9780 to Z10 using Mac... everything transfered excpet my texts. 

Tried to use desktop maneger on my PC and still everything is there except my text messages.

tried to switch from my 9780 to 9360 (since its running OS7) and then tried to go from 9360 to Z10 still the same issue... text messages still not there....

when I was using Link and switched the two devices it shows that everything including the SMS/MMS transfered just fine without a problem

tried to do a media card backup and then restor it in the Z10... still the same issue... no SMS/texts

I can actually see the names/numbers of the people that texted me on my older device (also the exact right order in which the texted me on my old device) but when I open them they are just empty. nothing is there

So I deiceded I am just going to sell the Z10 (which I did) and stick with my old device because there is no way I can use it without my old texts.... plus I didn't like the keyboard so it was kinda ok...

anyway I bought a Q10 now because it has a keyboard (which was the main issue with the Z10 for me) and went through all the above!! still everything gets transfered except my text messages. I was messing with it and tried to search for words from my texts messages and I was able to find some of the OLD text messages (like from 1+ years or maybe older) but thats about it. 

Right now I am trying to use Blackberry Protect and hoping for the best but something tells me it will not work...........

any ideas on what I can do here??? EVERYTHING I need is there my only problem is SMS/MMS. I have spent hours today reading online, trying different things, and no luck. The same when I had the Z10... I wasted hours and hours and ended up selling it and losing money without actually using the device for more than an hour of actual use :smileysad:

I wish this backup/restore thing is just as easy as iPhones or the older blackberry devices :smileysad:

please help me before I go back to my old blackberyy because that's what I will have to do if this doesn't work out again........... which SUCKS!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
walhan_qtr

Re: Again... text messages not transferring to my Q10/Z10

[ Edited ]

nevermind found it. its already built into the device. trying to restore it now... hopefully it will work........

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
walhan_qtr

ok finally it kinda worked. For some reason only certain contacts texts disappered but I got I would say around 80% of my texts. which is Great! but my new issue is this. i noticed some of the texts doesn't show the contact name so I figured maybe it is still loading all the contacts from the back up. so I let it do that but now none of the contacts names shows?? I checked and my contacts info are there with the correct number and everything but in the texts it doesn't show any name! just phone numbers! I have the contacts save with the country and area code but still...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
walhan_qtr

ok got it all fixed. Black Berry Protect was the only way to do it..... thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
The_Jade
My Carrier: MTN

Hello,

I still have this problem, how did you fix it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
walhan_qtr

download BlackBerry Protect on your old device. do a full backup through that app. and then in your new device restore it through black berry protect. wait few hours tell everything gets downloaded in your new phone and you should be good to go!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Plate
My Carrier: STC

Re: Again... text messages not transferring to my Q10/Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Please i have this same issue now.. everything worked fine in my blackberry Q10 until i switched my SIM card to another blackberry briefly for 2 hours without subscribing to BIS.

Then when I put back my SIM card into my Q10 but my text messages all disappered and have refused to work. Now i can no longer receive text messages or send. They are all blank now just like yours.

Please help me and tell me how you corrected yours because I am very frustrated!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
walhan_qtr

you problem is a little different than what I ran across. do you have blackberry protect? if yes just restore the backup in black berry protect. but remember it will only restore the things on your last back update!

good luck! this phone sucks lol but I am still using it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Plate
My Carrier: STC

Yes I have blackberry protect on both phone but i have put off the blackberry protect on my Q10 since this issue started.

Also, my last backup via blackberry protect shows the last backup i did while using my Bold 9900 last year November.

Does this mean i will also lose my newly added BBM contacts in 2014 if i decide to update with the last year's backup?

This is very very sad...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
walhan_qtr

[ Edited ]

I don't remember how blackberry protect works but I believe your blackberry contacts are tied with your email. so maybe it doesn't delete those. but you will not get texts that you received after the back up which I know sucks!

but I would double check with someone else though as I am not sure

Please use plain text.