Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
selliot13
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

BB Link

Hi my Z10 shows as not connected in BB Link but is connected to my computer and shows up in my devices. I can't transfer data from my Tour 9630 because neither phone connects in BB Link. I am using Windows 7 and my Tour was backed up the day before in Desktop Manager with no problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: BB Link

[ Edited ]

I would try restarting your PC if you have not done so since the installation.

If that does not work, I would try uninstalling and re-installing your BB Link Software.  When insatlling the software, it should be downloaded and then installed . Do not run from location as like with any software it can get corrupted for a number of reasons.. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
selliot13

I have removed BB link restarted my computer reinstalled Link and the same thing happens it does not find my Z10 or my Tour 9630. Thinking of taking it back!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scopewizard
My Device: Blackberry Z10

BB Link only works with Z10 and Playbook with 2.1 software.

Are you seeing Z10 in BB Link? Sould appear at the bottom left next to computer name.

If yes, select it and carry on with settings

For the "How to transfer and sync" check some of the videos available on line.

It worked perfectly for me on Win 7 and Win 8 (both 64 Bits)

Denis

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

scopewizard wrote:

BB Link only works with Z10 and Playbook with 2.1 software.

Are you seeing Z10 in BB Link? Sould appear at the bottom left next to computer name.

If yes, select it and carry on with settings

For the "How to transfer and sync" check some of the videos available on line.

It worked perfectly for me on Win 7 and Win 8 (both 64 Bits)

Denis

BB Link will see your older phones for the purpose of transferring your data to the new phone.

You can try going to your Computers Control Panel / Devices and see if there is a driver issue.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
selliot13

When I try to connect the phone in BB link it searches for a driver and says "Not found". When I check the device in Control Panel it says it's working fine and does not give me the option to search for new driver. The crazy thing is I downloaded BB link on my laptop and it worked fine transferred my data etc. Laptop and desktop both run Win 7 and have same virus protection everything. However all work stuff and calendars etc are on desktop computer so need to get it to sync.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.