Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
adamtdm
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: BB10 sync with Google calendar and Contacts

i have a workaround that will work untill blackberry and google get together and sort this out for non google apps customers.

it involves a yahoo mail account so if you dont have one then go and sign up for one. dont worry you dont need it to send your emails to we just need its ability to subscribe to calendars and send them out via caldav.

once you have signed up you need to get the ical address/es of your google calendar calendars by going into settings clicking the calendar you want, then next to private address click ical and copy the caldav address that pops up.

then open up yahoo and at the top of the page there is a tab for calendar click there,

on the left hand side there will be your calendars and "subscribe" with a + next to it. click the + then the option that says subscribe to calendar then paste in your google calendar address and press ok.

then all you need to do is setup your blackberry to download via caldav using these settings http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?y=PROD_ACCT&page=content&id=SLN5728&actp=lorax&locale=en_GB

and when/if google/blackberry fix this then all you need to do to get it all back on google is export it as a ics file and import it into google....

very very simple if not elegant this is a true 2 way solution for now!

Please use plain text.
Clarkins
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Rogers

Good morning 

I experienced the same issue with syncing my google calendar, great for the main calendar but the "other" calendars was a bust. Recently as of last night "Calendar Sync" app in blackberry world has been updated to run on both BB 10 and playbook. Simply buy it "very cheap" install and run the app to sync that calendars yu want and 10 15 mins later, presto. The support guy "Allen" is amazing and does get back to you to help out if you are having problems. 

Simply amazing!! 

Google calendars is no longer an issue, enjoy!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bmelzard
My Device: BlackBerry 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Hey there guys.

I had been meaning to come back to the forum to discuss the fact that with the latest update to my Z10 (10.0.10.672), it has seemed to completely fix the Google Calendar issue for me. I no longer needed to use Calendar Sync (in fact because of how I had to get the update in the US, I never actually reinstalled it.) and my shared calendars appeared automatically once I re-setup my account info. 

It pulled my shared Calendars, and I was able to update my calendar with no issues. I actually had my second calendar setup as a CardDav seperate account before the update and after the update, I had dual entries so I knew the update must have fixed the problems and I was able to delete that second account and still have my entries.

If you don't have the update yet....please try that out first. If you do have the update and are still seeing problems, post them here or in a new posting. 

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jforce
My Carrier: Rogers

Agreed. The latest software update fixes all calendar issues I was having and also improves battery life significantly. To get the update go to Settings and select Software Update. It should be available for most carriers now. 

BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com
Please use plain text.
mullyle
My Device: Z 10 stl200-1
My Carrier: Etisalat ; cellcom

Did it and got the message:

your account gmail....cannot be authenticated with your service

provider. please make sure that the account setting are correct

I tryied several times

all my account detailes are OK

Please Help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adamtdm
My Carrier: O2

Update to the latest os and you should be fine. Also make sure you are on wifi when you are putting on your account.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
ubest888
My Device: Playbook 16GB Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi Xandrex,

Thank you  very much, your instruction works fine with shared Google calendar on my Blackberry Z10. Many Thanks.

to configure calDAV information about your Google Calendars, go here:
https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

I have understood at some point you need to add information like this:
https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/ [ your Google Calendar ID ] /events

Please use plain text.
Visitor
BillyCFL
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks for this bmelzard ... I searched high and low to find this info, and your post worked for me!  I have all my Google Calendars now on my BB10.   Very happy BB10 user now!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cklingaman
My Carrier: Tmobile

The OS and Software update doesn't work for longer than 2 days. I did a security wipe and reinstalled everything as if I just pulled the Z10 out of the box. The google calendar populates all of my appointments right away, but by day 2 they all disappear from my device. They are still online though, so at least I'm not completely losing them. But this sucks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
raffi
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Bell

That is extremely odd. I have been successfully using my google calendar data (+ shared calendars) for weeks now with no issues.
Please use plain text.