Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Rich1963
My Carrier: Rogers

Battery

got new bb z10 and allowed the battery to drain completely. when I plugged in to charge it, there is no notification telling me it is charging. Normally a phone will have a light or written confirmation that the phone is charging.

How do I know?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Battery

If the cord is PROPERLY inserted all the wa into the phone (mine is a little finicky) there should be a lightening bolt show up in the middle of the battery icon and it show slowly flash.

Be sure to check the micro USB connection at the phone, as mine looks plugged in, and then a slight click ... it could be better.

Please use plain text.
johannamcintosh
My Carrier: telus

my battery won't hold a charge.   It is charged up overnight and by the end of the day it is dead.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scopewizard

I had the same issue. I found that the phone being on LTE was draining the battery. I switched to 4g or for Telus (HSPA+/UMTS which is 4g) . It made a big difference. Switch your emails to push also helps. Turn your screen down to well below half. The Z10 will get brighter as required. Also set your screen to fade after 30 secs. You can find many little unnecessary items which can save your battery. BB recommend that you charge the phone as often as possible when not in use. I now get almost 3 days of normal use before charging. But I now have taken the habit of charging every night.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt

Please read the other battery related threads.

There are many 'normal' reasons that your battery drains quickly. There are also several 'abnormal' reasons.

I run with wifi, LTE, bluetooth on all the time and I get almost 24 hours battery life.

As with cars, your mileage may vary.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Do you have the OEM battery? What build are you on? I am on my second Z10 (warrantied out the first one, about to do the same with #2) it gets 3 hours.  I've done all the suggested solutions and find that other than drecreasing usability, the battery gains were negligible.  Is there an aftermarket battery that is better? Are you using the same charger I got with my device (model HDW 24481-001)?  It just seems like there's a few people who claim awesome life and most who complain that it's unacceptable, like I am.... I don't know if these are just BB employees asked to say that, or if there is something real, because these phones can't have that much variability, I work in the firmware and software business and I don't believe that this much variability is likely....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kktelec
My Carrier: etisalat

I have been using my bold for long now it is showing invalid battery. Event when put a new battery that is working for other phone
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kktelec
My Carrier: etisalat

I have been using my bold 5 for long but now it is showing invalid battery. Event when put a new battery that is working for other bold 5 phone
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
fschutrumpf
My Carrier: T-Mobile

After researching LTE some more, I finally went ahead and just disabled it for the past few days.  I haven't noticed any noticable network connection differences (my guess is T-Mo doesn't really have LTE anywhere I usually move around).  This has made a very significant difference.  I still charge my phone every chance I get, but I don't have to cut my post lunch phone calls short to save the last 7% of battery life for "emergency calls..."  I would say this took my battery from 4 hours to about 7...

This is worth publicizing.  LTE is enabled by default, but unless you live/work downtown or somewhere where LTE buildout is happening, you're not going to benefit by having LTE enabled.  And your battery will have so much more life to it.

Please use plain text.