If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless USA
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Q10 vs Z10?

I am due for an upgrade in september, I would like to know which is better as far as preformance. Another thing, How is the vitual keyboard on the Z10? Better than the torch 9860 hopefully.

1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vfk
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BlackBerry Q10 vs Z10?

I recommend visiting a store and trying the Q10/Z10 keyboards out.... I went with the Q10 because I needed the physical keys.

BTW.... did you heard about the Classic and Passport models coming out in the fall?  The Classic offers a nav belt.  The Passport offers an enlarged screen and wider keyboard layout (where's the shift key?).

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ceo-john-chen-shows-upcoming-blackberry-passport-and-blackberry-cla...

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

I heard about the new passport and classic, but I would rather take the free upgrade because I spent a lot getting my bold running again, but I understand about the physical keys because I know how happy I am to have my keyboard back after using the torch 9850. Thank you for your reply.
1. If a post has helped you, show your appreciation by clicking Like at the bottom of the message box.
2. If a post has solved your question, please click ''accept as solution'' to verify your question has been solved.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I have read about lots of issues with the physical keyboards. They work great but don't seem to last. They start doubling up letters after a few months of use. I've seen it happen to friends that have them.

I was a Torch 9810 user before I got the Z10 and eventually the Z30. The virtual keyboard on the Z10 and Z30 is nothing short of magnificent and I would never go back to the physical keyboard.

The added screen real estate makes apps, games, and browsing a dream.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I have to agree with @John_Clark . I've used physical keyboards as well as BlackBerry's former virtual keyboards. Now that I have a Z30 (and have owned a Z10 and Q10), I'm a big fan of the virtual keyboard. 

I might take a peek at the Passport when it comes out (and might even make the move to it with its capacitive keyboard) but I'll always be a big supporter of BlackBerry's BB10 virtual keyboard.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

I will most likely get the z10, hopefully sooner than september because verizon told me that if I recycled the torch I could walk out with the Z10 the same day. Thank everybody for your replys.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,878
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You should seriously consider the Z30, if you're on Verizon.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
curve8530curve8330

I will. Is it bulky at all? Because I tend to drop my bold because of the width and thinness.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

The Z30 is very thin. I've not dropped it though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,878
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I won't comment on dropping it.  :smileywink:

The Z30 is only .4mm thicker than the Z10. Not much difference.

Z10

Dimensions 130 x 65.6 x 9 mm (5.12 x 2.58 x 0.35 in)
Weight 137.5 g (4.83 oz)

Z30

Dimensions 140.7 x 72 x 9.4 mm (5.54 x 2.83 x 0.37 in)
Weight 170 g (6.00 oz)

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.