Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
dstrocen
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Blackberry HUB - New Addition of PIN

Just downloaded the new up-date and see an addition to the HUB called PIN.  Is this different than BB Messenger? Maybe someone can shed some light on this new addition, I'm eager to use it if I knew more about it.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry HUB - New Addition of PIN

PIN messages are basically BBM messages without the BBM app being open. You can send a PIN message to another BlackBerry from your BlackBerry and that's about all you can do. BBM includes Voice Message, Video Message, Broadcast Message and other cool stuff whereas PIN messages are text only to only one other recipient.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

My mistake, you can send a PIN message to multiple recipients but it's text only.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ysimjee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

I was also wondering about this new Pin thing in my Hub.

I think that is kind useless to have.... I dont really have the need for that.

Is there not a way it can be deleted or something to have it removed from the HUB?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

No, it can't be deleted; it's part of the OS. You can select to not have PIN messages displayed in the Hub but the heading will remain. At least it's at the bottom of the list so it's out of the way.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.