Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Ravic
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Bluetooth on Blackberry Z10

It is mandatory for us to use SAP ( sim access profile ) as our incar phone in Mercedez and any other car version of 2008-12 generation and version that support only SAP will not support other bluetooth profile to have usage of in car power antena, contact list transfer to in car phone , and use the in car dial pad etc.. please note there isnt any other protocol other than SAP to engage all these features today. somplease do not transfer the problem to the car manufacturer when its clearly a handset issue to comply with standards based protocol

its clear Blackberry z 10 cannot support SAP in bluetooth ulike its old models such as 9700, 9780 etc.. when it comes to choosing between car and phone obviously we as user have no choice but to dump the phone , and retain the car

Now one question can the Blackberry bold 9900 ver 7.1 support the SAP ? else all matured users will dump BB and move on with other devices.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Majacmun
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Have read the messages and thought I'd add my findings. I have a passant cc with rns 510 display - sat nav, reversing camera, the lot. Initially after purchasing the Z10, the phone would not connect. I had researched on internet and there is a video so on you tube showing a Vw dealer in Canada pairing this set to a Z10 with no problems. However, in order for the phone to work the phone system in the car needs upgrading at a cost of £280.00 from VW. I paid for this to be done and the Z10 now connects no problem, can make and receive calls, downloads phone book as well. The only thing it won't do is show text messages ( which my old Nokia did) I will fight that battle with VW. I cannot comment on other vehicles. The Z10 is a very good phone, let down by pathetic support from BlackBerry. VW support is just as bad, but we can help each other through these forums. Hope this has helped some.....

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

that is great news, Majacmun.
I am curious, with the £280 upgrade, what did you get in addition to the Z10 Bluetooth compatibility?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Majacmun
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi Xandrex, sorry but I'm not sure. I haven't had much time in the car to experiment - my wife drives the car all the time these days !!!! I do know the system connects my daughters iPhone 4 no problem as well, but that's all I know at the minute. If I discover anything else I' ll post it here.....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nitro1
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

@Ravic:
Many, thanks for your clear statement! I fully agree with you on that. BB seems not to take care.... Even their CEO is (was) german native. Don't care about german cars...:-(
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sylvestre
My Carrier: SFR FRANCE

I just want to dump this Z10 Blackberry. I am living in France and it will not pair to my VW Touareg. Blackberry aftersales here is non existant and VW told me I would be better changing my phone. Problem is it is my work phone.

I used to like blackberrys and always chose them over Apple. I just did an upgrade on the OS and it deleted all my texts !!!!  Now I hate it and their customer service policy. They dont give a **bleep**. My advice to everyone I meet sell your souls and get an I phone

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Carrier: Vodafone

Just seen a Crackberry article that is trailing the arrival if the rap bluetooth protocol as part of the 10.2 update. Here is the relevant section:

"Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy is included in BlackBerry 10.2, which opens a whole host of new connections. Consistent, low-demand connections are a big part of this iteration of Bluetooth, and as we’ve seen in some Jam Asia demos, this is perfect for biometric devices like heart rate monitors. One nice inclusion on the Bluetooth front is automotive integration, which optimizes audio settings and set-up for your particular make of car, shows the vehicle logo when the device is locked and car is in motion, and provides a dedicated BlackBerry World section for apps approved by the auto maker. Part of that integration includes the rSAP profile, which allows other devices (like cars) to use your SIM credentials to connect to the cellular network."
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Carrier: Vodafone

The rSAP protocol is available (as part of the 10.2 update) and I have been able to connect to my VW Premium system. Unfortunately the phone book does not load despite multiple efforts. This may have something to do with the format of addresses on the VW Premium system but I was able to receive and save a business card to my handset using the VW Premium but was then unable to access and use it!

I can make and receive calls but have to manually input numbers using the keypad and voice/speed dial functions are impossible.

There seems to still be an incompatibility with the VW Premium that was essentially a Nokia product. I am hoping that Blackberry get this sorted soon.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ravic

I do not agree that Z 10 with new updated OS 10.1.0.4181 the latest release can support R SAP, at all, there is no menu screen to handle R SAP remote sim access profile, its only has MAP and as per any ITUT pr IEEE standard for blue tooth or any devise when ever new versions are released it must also be backward compatible, so when old Blackberry version such as 9700, 9900 etc all upto OS 7 supported RSAP , why cant newer ver OS 10 support the same, Black berry is not intrested in its customer protection , and even cheap androids today support R sap , MAP etc.. we cannot dump or car or upgrade to make a Z 10 work, obviously will dump the phone , and retain the car.. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ravic

When we say RSAP is supported it must not only make and recieve calls , its remote sim access profile, so only the sim is used from the phone remotely and the car handset IMEI takes over all the function such as incar phone for dial, receive, view in dash, use the keys on the steering, speaker phone, and internal mic amplified , and most importtant use the car powered antenna while in country side to boost the signal. wonder how you said that VW and Z10 are compatible for RSAP its very misleading can you please post a You tube vedio link for our education and understanding , would apriciate that.

Please use plain text.