Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mitchwong
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Browsing between email

Email only accessible through the hub and when navigating between emails, you always have to go back to the hub and select new unread email.  There must be an easier way to quickly go through each email.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Browsing between email

[ Edited ]

Hi mitchwong,

Hub is there to access your all device info easily and quickly. I guess this is the most easiest way to browse emails! The BlackBerry Hub gathers all of the messages and notifications that you receive from your different accounts into one convenient location. In the BlackBerry Hub, you can receive and respond to email, text messages, or BBM chats all in the same place, see and respond to notifications from your social networking accounts, glance at your upcoming events, and more.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mitchwong
My Device: Blackberry Z10

thank you Tanzim.. fully agree with you... but when you need to go through 10-20 emails every half an hours.  it will be more efficient to able to swap them through quickly rather then going back to the hub and select every unread email at a time...

maybe its just me, but if this is an options.... it will be great for enterpise user

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

currently, there is no swiping that allows you to go to next/previous message.

there is no equivalent of the keyboard shortcuts N/P J/K U that were available until BlackBerry 7.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
rocmon
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + 64GB MicroSD

HUB major step backwards in terms of managing inbox content... but I suspect they will be refining and building upon it - just so darn frustrting to have compromised the once awesome inbox from BB7.1 (and earlier) to make the touch screen cats happy

peace and love
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

@rocmon, I think the hub is here great advancement in bringing everything together.. :smileyhappy:

Out of curiosity what are you missing from bbos7?

@mitchwong - you can swipe right in any message to return to the hub, then simply tap the next message that you want to view. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Developer
rocmon
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + 64GB MicroSD

Trackpad for cut and paste, and physical keyboard... some features are quirky but I'm sure as a platform it will be the best but right now I work harder to do what I need on bb10
peace and love
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

Hi roncom,

What you are experiencing is pretty normal when making such a huge switch. :smileyhappy:

I think that it is pretty safe to say that we may never see a track pad on a device again. Everything you could do before vis a vis cut and paste can be done with the Z10, there are simply new ways to do it. These new ways need to be learned and mastered, then your efficiency will go back up.. probably higher than it was before. That is not to say that there isn't room for some improvement, because there always is. I'm out and about eight now, but there are some good threads on cut paste and edit and I'll post them here when I get some free time.

As for the physical keyboard... I no longer miss it at all. :smileyhappy: after a month on this keyboard it is almost fully 'trained' and I can literally hammer out messages now. give it some time, train it by flicking words for a bit (which seems slower than it actually is) and after you feel it is 'trained' and the correct words are coming up frequently, simply hammer away as fast as you can and let the spacebar clean up the gobbledygook that you input.. man is it unbelievably fast..!

If you simply can't get used to the keyboard, well.. the Q10 will be out soon enough.. but personally I am sold on this keyboard! And I have been using physical blackberry keyboards since the 950.. :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy, more improvements are on the way!

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Honestly, I love the BlackBerry10OS, but the Hub brins me nothing I do not already have in the Messages app in OS5.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Really, you could instantly drop out of whatever you were doing on BBOS and instantly peek at any notification that came into the device, then chose to act on it or ignore it and keep working? :smileywink:
Please use plain text.