Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
judem
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Contact editing

I'm trying to edit info on a Contact -- which frustratingly I can no longer sync with Outlook -- and despite repeatedly making the necessary change and saving, the information is in fact not saved and the Contact card remains exactly the same. What gives??

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Contact editing

I've seen the same thing. Despite editing the contact, the change never actually sticks. It may stay for a short time, and sometimes it comes back right after the next save. This happens when the contact has linked cloud profiles, as the cloud seems to always want to be right - even when it's not.

The good news is, I believe the dev team has identified the issues and are working a on fix which will be included in a future OS update. No word on when that will occur though.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
judem

Thanks greggov. Yours is the first info I've been able to find on this. Disappointed so far with a lot of BB10 functionality. Some, like this issue, just seem to be a usual new system glitch -- although heaven knows they had enough time to get it right. Unfortunately some, like dropping PIN messaging and Outlook syncing, seem to show a real ignorance of and disregard for their customer base. Disappointing and very foolish. For the first time I may start seriously considering other devices.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]

If you do not mind having your Contacts in the Cloud.  Outlook.com will upload your Contacts ( select your .pst file)  from Outlook and then sync it with your Z10 instantly.  You will of course have to add your new Outlook.com email account to your phone.

You can also change your exisitng hotmail , live.com or msn.com email over easily. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Btw, there is a limit to the number of Contacts you can upload. I do not know what the magic number is. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
judem

Thanks Andrew but the main point is that I don't want my Contacts in th cloud, nor am I interested in having BB decide how many Contacts they think I should have.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212

[ Edited ]

I totally understand as I am in the same boat.  I thought in your case it may have been different as you posted here as apposed to the related thread.   There are a few using the Cloud and in some cases deleting them once complete. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
judem

Actually I posted here because I was looking for help in editing contact info on the Z10. Turns out I'm not the only one having that problem. The Outlook issue is different (although presumably would solve the editing issue a different way) but I couldn't resist mentioning it. I have posted my thoughts to the right thread. Thanks for the cloud suggestion, even though it doesn't solve my issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
judem

I tried one more thing -- rebooting the system by removing the battery and replacing after 30 seconds. That worked and my Contact edits are now being saved. Still does nothing for Outlook coordination through BB Link, but I guess step at a time.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfp67
My Carrier: Rogers

I thought I had the same problem but discovered that if you have multiple mail accounts and social (twitter, facebook and linkedin) accounts setup they "link" up and you can display them under "All" (bottom left) or individually.

Hit the "All" button (bottom left on main contact screen), pick the account you want to edit, search for the contact and make the changes.

Please use plain text.