Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
ScoobsDM
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Creating a distribution list

For those who dont see the benefits, or importance of being able to create a distrubtion list on the device i'll explian in my situation.

I work in the Oil and Gas industry, I go to many differnt job sites, at each of which job site contact people change.  Sites last anywhere form 30-45days then on to the next.  So for each job site i have people i need to contact and email.  So, as i could in past set up a "List:" and name it per job, and emial that out.   As it is now, i have to go in to contacts and add each person to my email per job which could be 10-15 times a day and on different jobs per day.   Its very annoying.  I know i'm a rare case, and most would never use this feature, but it's one I do miss.  Even the old Contact "groups" would be nice to have back, so i could just emial the group. 

I know each and every person uses thier devices for in a different way and RIM/BlackBerry can not add everything for everyone, but this seems to be a HUGE left out feature that i'm sure many more other then me misses.   I'm not ranting or raving about it, but feel this needs to be looked at further.  I'm not saying adding a distrubution list to the server or BES but a simple on device mailing distribution list.  that can easily be modified and changed as needed. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
taylor729
My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

I work with the same 15 people everyday and would love to be able to send an email or text to those people from my BlackBerry without having to add one by one. Even if I could select multiple contacts after hitting the add button. I loved this feature on my old BlackBerry. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sprout256
My Device: torch
My Carrier: rogers

I am trying the same thing. I just switched over from a Torch and used my distribution lists on a regular basis and now it is going to take me twice as long as now I have to look up all my contacts each time.
Please use plain text.
Q10inDC
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

For years I mocked my Apple fanboy colleagues whose iPhones failed to provide the simple, necessary functionality of group distribution lists.  (There is now a third-party app, Mail Shot, that handles groups quite well on the iPhone.)  I got my new Q10 yesterday and am amazed to find this core functionality missing.  WTF Blackberry?    

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
taylor729
My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

Looks like third party app is only option. Any on the horizon for BB10?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello,

my personal guess is that BlackBerry10 will not evolve on that matter, until Microsoft makes a decision on how they will replace the categories in Outlook. Which is not likely to happen in the upcoming year.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JamesDee55
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

I agree completely, as not being able to create a distribution list via email, is something that I never would have thought from Blackberry.

I have a definite need for a distribution list, for some of my fellow employees, I hate to say it, but this was possible with my Iphone 3gs.  Why Blackberry don't have this , boggles my mind. !

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
BillyHandorf
My Device: BB Bold>Playbook>Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

So, does anyone know what Smartphone allows the creation of contact groups, and equally important allows the groups to be restored if corrupted, lost, etc?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
BillyHandorf
My Device: BB Bold>Playbook>Z30
My Carrier: Verizon

Yup, problem solved for not having a way to send group emai....it's smsbynow app for BB10 phones. Works great on my Z30. Now I'm happy again!

Please use plain text.