If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

jprescott
My Device: BB z10
My Carrier: rogers

Custom Email/notification Profile

I know this has been mentioned in another post.. but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE blackberry get this back in there... never in a million years would I have thought you would strip that service away... We all have several email accounts, facebook, bbm etc etc that all funnel though or bbs.  Not to mention people that are on call and receive email page out's  for work... before you were able to silent email accounts that were not so important.. or assign a specific ring/song to email after hour pages for emergencies... to ensure that you knew it was important.... Having a blanket notification setting for all accounts in your hub is a brutal oversight.......  Hopefully blackberry reviews these forums and sees that this is something that needs to be fixed in a software update....  Love love love the new phone... so many cudos to give... but this is a huge issue for me anyway and likely very annoying oversight for others.....NEED CUSTOMIZATION OPTION FOR ALL ACOUNTS, EMAILS, FACEBOOK ETC ETC......

Blackberry please come through for us!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Fr3lncr
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Re: Custom Email/notification Profile

Agreed.  All they have to do is provide the same functionality that was in OS 7.1 and it would essentially be perfect.  Now, it is pretty much the same as every other platform or less so. 

I know it is a new OS and all but its not like they had to 'come up' with how to do notifications and they started there.  All they have to do is copy themselves and they would be better than everyone else.

It's got to be on their development plan... so it is just a question of when.

I am really anxious to see what will be in OS 10.1 which will hopefully be out before the end of the month.

I guess that is the price to being essentially a beta tester for the phone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Current phones: Z10, Z30, Nexus 5
BB-past: 9000>9700>9800>9780>9810>9900 (the best BB to date)>Q5
Non BB-past: HTC s720, Galaxy S2, Nexus 4, Galaxy S5
Tablets: Dell Venue 8 Pro, PlayBooks (32GB+64GB)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
burny89
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Totally agree with everything ! I love the new OS but....please come back with all notification feature for the old OS (such custom song for different contact (email, phone, sms, etc..), create new notification profil, custom song for every thing ! )

The older OS was giver the possibility to know who textting/calling you before you see the screen and no more on this OS....

Please come back with all custom notification feature !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Alyafei
My Device: Z10, BB9180 and BB9800
My Carrier: Qtel

I 100% agree with all the above.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AYC2112
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Any progress with this issue?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
AREK28
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

When will RIM put back the customization feature?

I can't wait...!

Please use plain text.