Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Disappointed at least

To restore your phone to factory settings: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

If your PC has a problem or if it is Link and the configuration of your PC we could go on and on.

Reinstalling you OS is a good idea, then try Link again but I do realize you would not like to do that and go over the whole process again.

You can use http://worldwide.blackberry.com/ap/protect/ to backup up some of your data and

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

to back up other data but unfortunately Link when working properly is the preferred way. 

fyip.......for your info please
Please use plain text.
Contributor
My Device: GalaxyS4
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks fyip,

The lastattempt is in clean booth, triedto open bblink and it failed, repaired bblink and tried to open again and it failed. There is no point in pursuing this any further.

I am uninstalling,  restoring and deleting right now.

Definitely bblink is not a mature and complete product. I found an alternative software to sync, I guess there must be lots of unhappy people out there,for developers to see an opportunity. Maybe there could still be a future for the bb10 if developers pursue this. 

I will keep using this S4 and see what happens, I might end up getting used to it and even like it. That would be returned as I would not have to worry anymore about the wrong choices bb people took and will take.

Thank for spending your valuable time helping me. All the best for a 2014 full of happiness and joy.

Signing out.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Your welcome, all the best in the new year to you also !

fyip.......for your info please
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,838
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

0000000000022 wrote:

I will keep using this S4 and see what happens, I might end up getting used to it and even like it. That would be returned as I would not have to worry anymore about the wrong choices bb people took and will take.

Thank for spending your valuable time helping me. All the best for a 2014 full of happiness and joy.

Signing out.

Perhaps I missed it if you did, but have you not called Rogers for assistance on this and had the issue escalted to BlackBerry Technical support. You are paying Rogers monthly for and they agreed to this upon your purchase of the handset, for that support and their ability to put you in direct contact with experienced BlackBerry technicians.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.