Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
elmit22
My Carrier: EE UK

Email problems

i have just noticed that none of my emails are being sent. all i get when i send emails is a clockface and no tick stating email sent.

i am receiving emails without problems from both of my accounts

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Email problems

Search the forum for similar problems, specifically SMTP server port 25 being blocked by your email provider. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chunikahan

Email problems

I am currently roaming. So I decided to save costs, disable roaming and rely on Hotel Wifi. I was able to browse web but not possible to send or receive mails? I rebooted and searched every option to see if I slipped up. In the end, I was forced to enable data on the Simicard to transmit all the emails in the outbox.

Is this yet another BUG? It cost me a fortune in roaming fees?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

It sounds like an authentication issue, would you be prepared to share your account settings with us. Please change your domain names to something like: someserver.com and/or someserver2.com and no passwords. That will help to diagnose the issue if it is authentication related.
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chunikahan

If it was an an authentication issue, how comes it connects when I allow sim card data?

Please use plain text.
joshuabenjamin
My Carrier: Tata Docomo India

Since you were connected to a new wi-fi network, you need to register the phone again by going to 'options'>>'device'>>'advanced system settings'>>'Host routing table'>>menu key>>'Register now'.

Most of the times it register automatically, but if it doesn't please follow the above steps.

Thankyou
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

That is why I was asking if you would be willing to share how your account(s) are setup, so that we can try to determine what is happening.

Noticing that you are at a hotel, it is very likely that either the hotel has blocked port 25 from going out to the internet on their firewall, or that your email provider has blocked port 25 somehow on their end. This is very common practice. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chunikahan

It must have been the hotel wifi settings as I tried another location and wifi is working 

Thanks

Btw is it possible to change default keyboard layout. the number sectordefaults to $ and I mostly use £

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Glad it is working :smileyhappy:

I seem to recall the number selector being set by where you are located in another thread.. I'll dig around in a bit and see if I can find where I read that.

Are you in the UK, on a UK sim with a UK carrier?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chunikahan

Email problems

I use UK carrier Vodaphone and am currently in USA

Please use plain text.