Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

nachos23
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Roger's Communications

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

A long time BB user, I use the phone to store pictures I take for my business. I have over 3000 pictures on it now and I cannot find a way to search pictures as I've done in all my previous BBs....

Add a search function for media files...PLEASE!
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Open file manager. Tap search.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
McSvenster
My Carrier: Swisscom

- option to configure bedside mode ( e.g. radios off ) - option to disable dtmf tones on dialing telephone numbers
Please use plain text.
andrebv
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: rogers

One feature that I think we all have wanted from from time to time is the ability to move people from the TO: field to the CC:, BBC: and vise versa.

A simple drag and drop from one field to another.

I can't say how many times I have had to retype people's names just to move them from one field to the next.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
the_look
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Hey, yeah, I checked out the app, it seems pretty cool. But I don't want to throw away a dollar on something that might not have what I need.

There are also a few other shortcuts I would like, so I'm willing to wait it out a bit longer to see if BlackBerry does anything about it. If not then later I will get an updated version of the App. 

Either way, Thanks for checking it out.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kmascoll
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: fido :(

4. Option to scroll in a line to reach a particular place to stop.  Could you please explain? - I noticed when I accidently type an extra alphabet in a word I could hardly reach that place to just remove the alphabet, instead I had to delete the whole word from where ever the cursor lands. eg 'I am dgoing there..' I found it real hard to get my cursor in middle of D and G (in dgoing) to correct the word and there is no scroll here to shift the cursor now..

I second this suggestion.  The cursor is so hard to move and you end up doing a long press instead of getting between the D and G.  Give me the option to use the volume keys to scroll back or forth when the cursor circle shows up.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

kmascoll wrote:

4. Option to scroll in a line to reach a particular place to stop.  Could you please explain? - I noticed when I accidently type an extra alphabet in a word I could hardly reach that place to just remove the alphabet, instead I had to delete the whole word from where ever the cursor lands. eg 'I am dgoing there..' I found it real hard to get my cursor in middle of D and G (in dgoing) to correct the word and there is no scroll here to shift the cursor now..

I second this suggestion.  The cursor is so hard to move and you end up doing a long press instead of getting between the D and G.  Give me the option to use the volume keys to scroll back or forth when the cursor circle shows up.

This feature does exist! You have two different options:

Click where you want to place the cursor. A "selection bubble" will show up with the cursor in the centre of it.

Option 1) touch the circle and drag it around.

Option 2) "nudge" the cursor in the direction you want it to go by tapping the circle on the side of the cursor that you want it to move. If you want the cursor to nudge one space to the right, simply tap the right side of the "selection bubble." Want to nudge it another caracter to the right, tap it again. Also works for left, up and down.

Option 2 is much more accurate than option 1, and you don't have to worry about being able to see the cursor when your fat finger is on it like I do. :smileyvery-happy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sinserli
My Carrier: Swisscom

Thank you psycros to bring it to the point! Either we start to feel the German arrogance, which I don't hope, or they have lost the compass to their main brand value. I had a very similar reaction concerning the possibility to choose which contact container you would like to sync via active sync. We don't do, was their answer. But windows and Android do better!
I'm asking my self if BlackBerry management is following this thread?
Thanks for your post ans let us hope that with keeping the pressures they will realise that business oriented people have other requirements to their tool as to a lifestyle "Gadget"!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sinner_saintZ10
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: STC

I think there's an option in the active sync before with my BlackBerry Pearl. If BlackBerry can bring back that option where you can choose which between the device or the pc will be win once you have deleted from either one. This is just my recollection from my BlackBerry experience circa 2004 to 2006 when I'm still using my enterprise email.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sinner_saintZ10
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: STC

I forgot to mention my enterprise email was with lotus notes not in outlook.
Please use plain text.