Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
UKuser55
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: O2

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

I've a list I want to pass to RIM; but adding it here might pass it through. Thanks for the idea.

Apologies for any overlap and it's because I like my BB that I am making these suggestions.

Deep breath ...

Used to find contacts by typing first couple of letters of fist and surname (John Smith would be found from "Jo Sm".

I now need to write "John Sm" before the name appears. It treats the space as a character instead of a new search.

Receiving a call; how to I cancel it quickly? Nice to have a pickup and a "red phone" option. The swipe isn't particularly helpful over a couple of buttons.

Changing the date & Time in appointments is done by the rolling numbers bar - far too sensitive. A keyboard option would be great.

Icons straight into spreadsheet or Docs etc. would be good - I need to troll through files to the one I want then open one. (This may be something already there.)

A back tab - to move back and forward one character at a time to correct text.  I spend ages trying to tap in just the right spot after a letter to do edits.

Can you put notifications (maybe the Hub count) in the banner at the top (next to battery and alarm icons.  The hub works well, but I have to look there to se if anything has been added.

I don't know if this is possible.

I pick up emails from a POP SMTP account (I don't really understand this bit!) - which works well.  But, when my PC downloads them (running most of the time) the email appears as read on my handset (I guess because the email has been downloaded from the POP account (thought it is still there, I don't delete them off POP until 7 days later).

This means that new emails appear as read a few minutes after arriving on my mobile - I cannot trust the read / not read status.

Alarm - can the dismiss and snooze buttons be different colours  and maybe bigger on the face.  To be easier to see on wake up.

The clock and its options are great - but can you make it easier to order the World Clocks.  I add places when family are travelling and it's a bit of a futter to keep the home time at the top.  I end up taking it off and adding it again.

Can the Alarm be developed to have more than one set - so it is easy to have different times at w/e than work days.

That's enough for now!!! 

If someone at RiM is reading these; could you comment so we know we don't need to keep flagging them up?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

UKuser55, Thanks! Since this is purely a user support forum it would rare for a RIM BlackBerry staffer to comment. But who knows.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Need a quick way to get to the bottom and top of long emails.
Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JVanB
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

[ Edited ]

The same thing goes for a large web page -- we need a quick way to go to the top or bottom.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raffaelmeier
My Device: z10
My Carrier: sunrise

Hi vincek

as you often traval and as you say have a lot of emails: how do you delete them in masses like bulk delete? on my old blackberry (newstes except z10) I had the option to "delete all before (...) date" in the context menu and could delete 1500 emails with one tap. do you know how to do this now? there is no such function, one have to tap and mark every single email, even if there are 2000!!!!! crazy!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JVanB
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Sounds like all we're asking for is a tick box that says Activesync YES or NO.
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

raffaelmeier,

If you press and hold on a date in the hub, a context menu will pop up with the option to mark prior read. It's not delete, but it is close to what you are after.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,851
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

raffaelmeier, this is possible. Just touch on and hold on a date bar separator. The right popup will show an icon for delete all prior & other options.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Ugh. No ActiveSync means no mail/calendar/contacts. So if you don't want to receive mail/etc then I guess that's an option for you. Not for me however...
Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Mr Sanders!

You're right about the delete. I missed it there in the bottom corner.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
Please use plain text.