Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
pahfoh
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Add the option to confirm (yes/no) that you want to dial a number when using the touch screen.  

Would eliminate accidental dials when handling the phone.  

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mrneon8
My Device: BB 8520 & BB Torch 9810 & BB 9900 & PB 32GB & BB HS-655+ & BB HS-700 & BB Z10

Auto Turn On/Off rather than just Sleep Mode that turns Sounds and LED Off but phone is still running in the background and downloading emails and texts etc? So not actually saving an awfully good amount of battery power.

Ah the good old iPad
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

+100!!! Wow I have called sooooo many people by accident because of this!
Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

[ Edited ]

Hi @ UKuser55 Welcome to the community. :smileyhappy:

Some of what you are suggesting is alread possible.. there is a great tips and tricks thread here which deals with some of it.

Quote: Receiving a call; how to I cancel it quickly? Nice to have a pickup and a "red phone" option. The swipe isn't particularly helpful over a couple of buttons.

To answer a call: touch the grey caller ID bar and swipe it down.

To 'ignore' the call and send the user to voicemail: touch the grey caller ID bar and swipe it up.

To silence the ringer and let the call run to voicemail in the usual time: simply tap the grey caller ID bar once.

Quote: A back tab - to move back and forward one character at a time to correct text.  I spend ages trying to tap in just the right spot after a letter to do edits.

This one exists and the procedure can be found here in the tips and tricks thread.

Quote: Can you put notifications (maybe the Hub count) in the banner at the top (next to battery and alarm icons.  The hub works well, but I have to look there to se if anything has been added.

This is sort of possible already. When you recieve a notification, the red led blinks. At that time simply swipe up from the bottom without releasing your finger to get a listing of current number of notifications for all types of notifications is seen on the left of the screen. We all hope that this will get broken down by different email accounts some time in the future.

With your finger still held on the screen you can now slowly move your finger right to 'peek' at the hub in the state you left it in previously to see what those notifications actually are. Again, we all hope that at some point there will be an option to always have this motion default to Hub view in the near future so we don't have to remember to leave it in that view.

At any point in this process you can decide to go back to what you were working on by reversing your motions, or if you decide that the notification was important to respond to you can continue into the hub by releasing your finger after your right swipe.

Personally I think this has a lot more value and usefulness that the older notification icon list that we used to have, but to each his own. :smileyhappy:

Quote:Icons straight into spreadsheet or Docs etc. would be good - I need to troll through files to the one I want then open one. (This may be something already there.)

Can you explain that one a little better?

Quote: pick up emails from a POP SMTP account (I don't really understand this bit!) - which works well.  But, when my PC downloads them (running most of the time) the email appears as read on my handset (I guess because the email has been downloaded from the POP account (thought it is still there, I don't delete them off POP until 7 days later).

This means that new emails appear as read a few minutes after arriving on my mobile - I cannot trust the read / not read status.

Try this post for help on this, but IMAP is your friend if it is available. It helps to synchronise things much better than POP ever did. :smileyhappy:

Some of your other suggestions are great though, so I will like this post. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
slickvguy
My Carrier: Koodo

Calendar app: you should be able to configure how long a snooze ("sleep for...") you want. Unless I'm mistaken you can only set one default snooze period? So when an appointment reminder pops up, you have the choice of how long to snooze it for. At least give a few choices like 5 minutes, 15 minutes, half hour, 1 hour, 4 hours.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UKuser55
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: O2

More on:

Quote:Icons straight into spreadsheet or Docs etc. would be good - I need to troll through files to the one I want then open one. (This may be something already there.)

What I meant was.....
I've not found how to open a spreadsheet then see a list of recent files., I end up trudging through my directory. )
I need an icon for just 'spreadsheet' and I need to put my files into subdirectories! The icon part is the Question here.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Ah yes, that is also possible. Simply open up 'docs to go' and chose xls (or doc, or ppt) from the top selector. :smileyhappy:
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
UKuser55

Doh!
Easy when you know!
I'm off to read the manual!
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Oh, and I just tested this one:
--------------
Used to find contacts by typing first couple of letters of fist and surname (John Smith would be found from "Jo Sm".
I now need to write "John Sm" before the name appears. It treats the space as a character instead of a new search.
--------------
The contact app search is fairly limited at this point, I have had much more success using the universal search on the home page (magnifier bottom centre) and I can confirm that "J Sm" in universal search pulls up "John Smith" as well as "Jason Smithers" :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
UKuser55

The abbreviated search appears to work everywhere now.
I've just done a BlackBerry update - so can't tell if I was stupid, or it is patched.
Happy user either way.
Please use plain text.