Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

I would love to see the ability to 'auto run' an app on device boot up.

Once that app is running it would be nice to 'lock' it open in the active tiles screen or have the option. To lock it open when set to auto run.

This would be a good solution to not having the ability to run a background app yet.

Would use it for apps such as Hub++ and WhatsApp.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssbtech
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Add the ability to have multiple documents of the same type open at the same time.  

I'll use PDF files as an example:

Allow either multiple instances of the PDF application, or even better implement a form of "tabbed browsing" within the PDF reader so multiple PDF documents can be open without consuming multiple active frames.

Same for word documents, spreadsheets, etc...

Also, improve the photo library application - allow for picture renames, allow pictures to be added to multiple albums, etc... 

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
mkatkinson
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2 UK

Sort Contacts

I would like to see contacts sorted by Last Name, First Name, for example:

Smith, John

This was an option in the old BBs.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

@matkatkinson - choosing sort by last name does sort the names like that, however, it does not display the last name first.

Did you mean display or sort? :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wolfgangwinstel
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telekom

I want to be able to store a mail that I received in account abc in an IMAP folder of account xyz.

So far when going to store a mail I only see the folder structure of the account that the mail was received in.

(I am used to such capability from my iPhone - that I don't use anymore since I have my Z10 :-)

Thanks
Wolfgang
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevegoodwindme
My Carrier: EE

Be great to have the often hidden option to allow you to make phone calls when the phone is locked.  this was particularly useful where the company imposed a password but you had to continually unlock just to make a call

Please use plain text.
khc
New Contributor
khc
My Device: Blackberr Z 10
My Carrier: vodafone.de

if i am planing a meeting with persons from my company - all using BB and connected by BES 10 - it would be nice to can get information about their dates. i want see if they are busy at the time/date i plan the meeting.

in BES 5.x this feature was possible and very nice.

Be better than iOS or Android.......

LG Heinz

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Zermattgully
My Carrier: O2

1) Ability to view other people's calendars. (Corporate Exchange environment and BES10) 2) Have signatures only on NEW emails. Not on replies and forwards. Outlook client allows you to do this. 3) Calendars in Landscape mode too
Please use plain text.
Visitor
Btrimble
My Device: Z10 & Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]
1) Camera- when taking a picture quickly when the phone is locked you are not able to review the pictures that you just took and subsequently can't confirm if what you've taken is good or if you need to retake. 2) Battery life- Auto on/off This is a "must have" like all BB predecessors
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wrash
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The PIN messaging feature common to all previous BlackBerry devices needs to be restored. I'm sure many thought it was redundant to BBM, but it's not. BBM is a chat feature. You need to have the person in your contact list to use BBM. With the PIN messaging, you can send the message to anyone securely. They're not the same thing, and many organizations which don't allow BBM or other chat software allow PIN messaging. While it's nice that the Z10 can receive PIN messages, it needs to be able to send them as well.

Please use plain text.