Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ssbtech
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

[ Edited ]

I know I'll get shot for this, but bring back the app trays that OS6/7 and PBOS1 had. 

It's much easier to jump to the page you want if the pages are named.  "I want App "xxxxx" and it's on "white dot #3  Or is that #2.  Nope, here it is on #4."   It's like having bookmarks in a big document with no titles on them.

No, just let me title them "Media, Social, Productivity, etc..."

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Regarding naming icon pages, you are aware you can create folders full of icons that you can name on every icon page right? :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wolfgangwinstel
My Carrier: Telekom

It would be cool if there was a possibility to mark emails in the inbox with different colors per account. I am having 6 accounts and would love to oversee in an easy way what came in.

This could be similar to the calendar entries that are shown if one pulls down the email inbox a little bit deeper... they are marked with a colored stripe.
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

That's a brilliant idea! A couple of 'Like's for you, sir!

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
blondeix

Interesting article re SecuSmart, thanks wrash. Just a bit expensive for Non Governmental Organizations. My point is, similarly to what MS did to Office Outlook for PC, it could be integrated as standard for standalone users. Even if this would only be a reduced version of the announced BB Balance. Best wishes, Bernard
Bernard
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jdstrapp
My Carrier: Bell and Fido

Love the Play On DLNA feature to send music to my Networked AVR, but I  want to send Pandora-like streams to it, not just media on my phone.  I can do that with Airplay. 

Also miss SmartWifi which turns on Wifi in set places based on cell phone towers. Use it to turn on my wifi automatically as I enter the office.   Apparently the developer cannot port it to OS10.

Exceptions in Bedside mode to allow calls from only selected contacts through. So my wife can call me in an emergency when I'm sleeping overseas, but not someone else. Or I'll hope for a Do Not Disturb app before.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Simple Feature Request:

Let me share web pages to the Smart Tags App.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JVanB
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Bring back the Application Management app that was on my BB 9700.  I miss all of the information that it provided by application, e.g.  Applications, CPU, Usage, Memory and Application Storage.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wolfgangwinstel
My Carrier: Telekom

Can I make a suggestion here...

Assuming that everybody who adds a post here gets an email whenever a new post is added... why doesn't everybody go through all feature requests and 'likes' whatever he likes? And in future for every post one likes give a 'like'?

So we see what the majority likes. How does that sound?

BR
Wolfgang
Please use plain text.
Visitor
NSAgri
My Carrier: Rogers

I have 3 feature Requests from the CEO of our company that has used Blackberries for a while.

1. The vibration option is a pretty big deal for me.  I hate having phones ring in a work environment, and actually ask people to silent them in a meeting.  Previously, I could have a distinctive vibration which would tell me there is something I should check asap.  Ideally, the feature would allow distinction between individuals….ie. I might set something from my Board Chair at so many long and/or short etc.

2. On the BBM typing screen…. I would strongly suggest moving the “Send” button up near the top, similar to the email screen.  The placement of the “send button is right next to the backspace, voice command, and enter…. Regularly I accidently send a message as I am working to make corrections …. I find it hard to believe that issue never came up in any of their testing. 

3. One other feature which is more annoying is that the contact list is not near as clean as the previous version.  This device adds names from others who send messages… and the data is messy since there may be 3 or more files per individual, which I did not set up, resulting from upper and lower case, phone vs. bb vs. email, etc.  I would prefer an option which I could select from such as outlook has…. Ie. I can chose contacts, or suggested contacts, etc.

4. Bring back the ability to delete only on your device or on both

Thanks

Please use plain text.