Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,849
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

NSAgri wrote:

3. One other feature which is more annoying is that the contact list is not near as clean as the previous version.  This device adds names from others who send messages… and the data is messy since there may be 3 or more files per individual, which I did not set up, resulting from upper and lower case, phone vs. bb vs. email, etc.  I would prefer an option which I could select from such as outlook has…. Ie. I can chose contacts, or suggested contacts, etc.

You can turn off the "suggested contacts" or just not view them.

For the duplicate contacts from other sources, link them together.

NSAgri wrote:

4. Bring back the ability to delete only on your device or on both

ActiveSync works differently (on this device, at least). If you want to delete an email from your device, instead choose the FILE function.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Thought of one more...

Option in BBM Group LIsts to start at previous settings (ie, if you sort by catalog and only want to see incomplete items, and I close with those options, I should be able to reopen back to those options.)

For those of you who have not used BBM group lists, check it out! I just discovered this yesterday and it is muchos usefull...especially for things like shopping lists where you want to share a list with other BBM family members!

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Save browser bookmarks with presets.

Eg some links you might want to save with Flash enabled or Desktop mode enabled - but don't want them on all the time.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
harvfl
My Device: Z10 and Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Delete emails as listed in the Hub without having to open them, click delete, then confirm it. Android users can in the first notification screen. My suggestion was possible in earlier BlackBerry OS and it was integrated with the email provider.
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Surely you can delete the email by pressing and holding on it. You don't have to open it at all.

I would like to see the prompt go and have a toast instead though.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
harvfl
My Device: Z10 and Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks cas118. Works fine for me as left thumb hold, right point finger delete 2 step.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,849
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I, too, would like to see the trashcan added to the main hub screen, wherein we could touch and highlight multiple items > trashcan to delete. As was used in the 9850/60 screens.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mfuhrmann
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile (Germany)

JSanders wrote:

Fr3lncr wrote:

mfuhrmann wrote:

I also prefer to keep my data within my own 4 walls and don't like the idea to store anything longer on unknown servers than necessary. That's the reason for POP and Owncloud instead of GoogleMail, IMAP, ...

Agreed... I store nothing online and having access to sent items in IMAP does not replace BCC... I manage my emails by managing my inbox only so I copy sent emails to myself so they can be filed from one place... Having access to sent folder is just an unnecessary extra step for me making thins less efficient than they were before

If anyone thinks their emails and such are ONLY stored "within four walls" nowadays, they better get off the internet now.

For me it makes a difference, if the mails are stored a few hours until I download them or if they are stored on an IMAP server for months / years. And which IMAP provider offers >5GB space for free? (that is what would be needed to store my mails from the last few years).

Maybe my English isn't good enough to understand the topic correct, but I thought it is "what are you missing on BB10" and not "how to change your workflow that it fits BB10" :-/

BTT:

- POP3 mails are deleted on the server if they are deleted on the Z10 and no option to disable this behaviour.

If POP3 is offered, it should have the functions / options to use it on a mobile device, which is only a mobile viewing/answering platform and not the "master" of the mails.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
blondeix
My Device: Bold 9900 - Q10 - PB64

Hi JSanders,

In line with mfuhrmann my data are being kept within my 4 walls and I still need to access internet but not for my data.

My business communication, on my PC, is encrypted using my X.509 certificates on MS Office Outlook (POP3/SMTP) and regularly PGP backed up on encrypted memory drives in my office.

Unfortunately I cannot process my business emails on my BB9900 and similarly won’t be able on my forthcoming Q10 because of lack of security.

Z10/Q10 apparently satisfies large corporations and administrations because they can afford BES and its procedures, hence BB-Balance. Z10/Q10 doesn’t seem to satisfy small businesses who use the device standalone (That is without BES and any kind of servers). Also the micro smartcard solution, SecuSmart, is too expensive to be worth it (And probably needs a server).

In my views, the weakness of Z10/Q10 is the absence as standard, and as described in the Help file of the Z10, of even a mini BB-Balance that would enable me to use my X.509 certificates on the handset standalone without BES (or equivalent) for encrypting my emails and their storage.

The total encryption of the handset which is currently offered is too abrupt and heavy to handle; also it does not help at all for emails.

So, I am very uncertain of finally choosing Q10, but JSanders, in this occurrence, I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Kind regards,

Bernard

Bernard
Please use plain text.
bboshart
My Device: Z10

As a previous BB user, I loved the feature whereby you could set unique notifications for contacts.  I know that I can set a unique phone ring tone for contacts but not for SMS (only for "messages").  This is a feature I miss greatly. 

Please use plain text.