Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Glitchcool0
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Netherlands

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Introduce BIS mailboxes again! We are suffering here as a company that BIS is removed.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

You do have the option. Delete to delete, file to archive, easy as pie and when using IMAP and ActiveSync it reconciles on all clients so that you don't have to do it all two or three different times.

It is something new to learn, and some are learning that their email hosts (unfortunately) aren't up to snuff because of it, but it works very well and is currently saving me about an hour and a half a day that I used to spend going through 150-300 emails again when I got to my home office workstation. I can flag items for further follow up or file them where they need to go.. it works great and having single digit unread email counts across 4 email domains is a very nice thing to see.

I know many of us were used to the BIS 'crutch' and it did server its purpose very well, but we have to get used to the fact that it is gone.. most likely forever. I was a heavy POP / BIS user for many years as well (ever since the BB Desktop Redirector software was cancelled and BIS was born!) and it took me about two days to figure out the new workflow, but I would never go back to BIS now.

Luckily I already had my own hosted email accounts on my own hosting server, and my upstream provider is quite good and offers full P-IMAP functionality so it was quite an easy switch in that regard. For those of you stuck on your ISPs (Bell, Rogers, etc) email providers it won't be as easy, but I learned long ago that it was a good idea to move my accounts, especially business accounts, to something under my control. i can chose where they go, what type of server they are hosted on and how much storage space I can have for each email account.. and quite frankly the cost is not that high.

Many of my friends have also shifted to hosting their own domains or family domains (covering many email address at once) so that they can also have control of where there email is stored and where they want to move it (if they decide that they want to move it.) It can be done quite well for less than $150 a year including domain registration, not much to write off if you are a business.

There are of course also free cloud options out there as well that will work nicely with the Z10 if you are willing to let go of a bit of control. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Glitchcool0
My Carrier: Vodafone Netherlands

Well sure there are alternatives but the problem is our Z10 devices can't sync with Office 365 the connection is killed 10 minutes or so after adding a account on the device.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wrash
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The problem is that the vast majority of non-corporate users don't have that flexibility, and even if they do, they don't have the technical skill necessary to manage their e-mail account servers. What they know is that their cable company gives them a webmail account that BIS can work with. They depend on the ability of the BlackBerry servers to provide reliable access to that account, and may another account like Gmail. Even if their provider will support something besides a POP account, and a significant number don't, they they have no idea how to take advantage of it.

Fortunately, BlackBerry 10 has worked just fine with POP accounts in my experience, but perhaps it doesn't work with all providers.

Wayne Rash

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Glitchcool0 wrote:

Well sure there are alternatives but the problem is our Z10 devices can't sync with Office 365 the connection is killed 10 minutes or so after adding a account on the device.

See this for reference...it may perhaps contain useful information for your situation:

• KB33522 How to setup a Microsoft Office 365 account on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,883
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'll ask the moderators to move Messages 324-328 to a separate thread.

This discussion is offtopic to this thread. Thanks!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PeterwGPS
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

There are some phone capabilities that should be enhanced or changed.

1) the phone log in the calls view should show the duration of the call, not just the time. This is important for some billing purposes

2) "clicking" on the phone number in any log or history view should NOT immediately call the number. It should bring up the contact and history of that call "date, time, duration, and who the contact is" with a call button to make the call if wanted. There should also be buttons to send a text or to save or add it to a contact if it is a non associated number.

3) Favorites in the Contact list should also be at the top of the list in the contacts button on the phone app.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wrash
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

WiFi Calling was an extremely useful feature on the 9900 and earlier BlackBerry devices. Is there going to be a sortware release that enables WiFi Calling on the Z10? If not, can we place that on the list of features requested for the BB10?

Wayne Rash

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ClaudePoissant1
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell

Agreed. It's frustrating every time I touch a phone number I have to be ready to quickly hang up. BlackBerry we don't ALWAYS wanna call when we touch a phone number.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ClaudePoissant1
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: bell

Why not tap the number to bring up a call or text icon on the side.. it's annoying to have the extra step of "View contact" .. isn't it possible to have all three choices in the same menu?
Please use plain text.