Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Not a problem. Enjoy.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
AdamWeishaupt
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2 Germany and Deutsche Telekom

Hi. I share the vision of Mr. Thorsten Heins about mobile computing.

In fact the BB10 Hardware is only one idea away to be perfect for that.

I guess the following idea will boost blackberry in the right direction as no other competitor has such a feature right now.

I am talking about using bb10 devices as my office desktop. crazy idea? i think not.

the z10 has hdmi and bluetooth capabilities.

it could send a full hd picture via hdmi (or minihdmi / dvi adapter) easily to any computer flatscreen. this technique could be called "blackberry bigScreen".

Apps could be optimised to work on the "bigScreen" in a high resolution. For example a special version of Docs to go or the email client, the BB messenger, video conferencing and so on.

A real keyboard and mouse could be connected to the z10 via bluetooth.

Meaning: i have my desktop computer always with me. the z10.

Nice could be a standardized docking station for that purpose. Meaning I just put the z10 in the dockinstation and the dockingstation is connected to the screen and mouse/keyboard.

What is the vision? I only have workplaces in my company with those dockingstations connected to certified computerscreens.

All I have to carry is my bb10 (Z10) device. I can go anywhere, group with people anywhere in my company - all i need is a workplace with such a dockingstation connected to a screen. This with the screenshare capabilities gives me endless work flexibility.

Now let's go further with that idea: Those dockingstations could also be available on public workplaces!

This feature and idea is very powerful. It means realization flexible working places of the future! Modern coworking at any place you like.

the point is: bb10 and the z10 have almost everything to realize that idea. all you need is a "BigScreen"-Standard, some driver work, an app standard for the "BigScreen" resolutions and the docking station hardware and some certified screens (take samsung, lg and dell). Maybe a project for 6 Months at max. And the absolute Killer feature!!!

Also, those BB BigScreen standards could be licenced to the screen manufactured (for free) or implemented via a smartTV app.

I hope somebody of BB is reading this and gets the Idea. If somebody from BB want's to talk with me about that idea - you have my email in this account. I am working for an international company. I take part in strategic workshops that concern workplaces of the future.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scoobychris
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE

My blackberry hub shows events the day before but not on the day, this would be a nice one to sort
Please use plain text.
AniesFab
My Device: Z10

Hi, this is one of my complain in using the new BB10 in Z10:

"One of the reason Blackberry users are still loyal is the capability of the BBM compared to other chat programs i.e. WhatsApp or Facebook Chat! I too use BBM for business. Selling and buying products. Using my old BB9780, I just "save" the pictures from BBM Groups (they actually saved automatically) and can forward them to customers, just need to modify the name/price a bit. In my new Z10, it's a hell! Now, it's just like another ordinary chat program, why should I keep using it? I have more friends in Facebook anyway, so why shouldn't I use Facebook Chat in Android or IOS?

I ended up going back to my old 9780 for my business but the thing is, the BB9780 keep crashing and have to wipe after a while (3-4 times a year), maybe because of the low spec of hardware in the old BB gadgets. It only has 256MB storage and 512 MB of RAM... What a crappy hardware! I was hoping that the new Z10 hardware can solve the crash problem. Instead it has NEW problem!!!

So, for my purpose:

New BB10 BBM sucks although hardware is capable enough...

Old Blackberry's BBM (BB6.0) thumbs up but crappy hardware...

If RIM sticks with this with no update, I may move back entirely to my old BB phone and give up my Z10 or just using it for phone function only (give up the BB service - save up another $10 per month)."

Please, please, please, tell RIM to bring back the old BBM features back in the new hardware! I think BBM is the only thing the users are happy in using BB...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
phantomguitarist
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

The ability to send email as plain text would be nice.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cd1229
My Device: Z-10 STL100-3
My Carrier: T-Mobile

First, a Huge Thank You to the Moderators for fixing my login issue, so I can join the discussions! I really miss some of the features of my old BB after getting my new Z10, including contact list and calendar on hub menu page and ability to group contacts.  I look forward to future updates and feel confident the tweaks and more apps will come.  In the meantime, it would Really be great if we were to see some replies from BlackBerry on these support forums, just to let us know they are reading our input, and perhaps let us know if any of these requested features are already in the works. I have posted on Twitter but no reply from BB... it would be helpful if they would acknowledge our requests.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

cd1229, thanks for your input. and welcome to this community user forum.

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. In short, we are users just like you.  You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

Let's please keep this thread to short, to-the-point, Feature requests, as mentioned in the intial post in this thread.

Thanks~

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Plunjer
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

Well, as I am sure we all have good ideas for inclusion in BB10, what sense is it if nobody at Blackberry is reading ? Perhaps there are some there who check into these forums, but is there any other way, even if through sister forums that these ideas can be forwarded ? Crackberry also seems to have a decent rappour. I'm sure updates are coming for many features, and I read on another site that Blackberry has been good at responding to feedback, so would be good to know where exactly to post that feedback.

I am getting happier with my Z10 daily. Suddenly it works perfectly (nearly). No shutting down, no screen blanking out (knock on wood), battery taking ages before it drains (a whole day nearly gone and not even down by a quarter yet), and just have to see how the data goes when I change SIMs to one that has a data limited (yet cheap) plan.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Plunjer wrote:

Well, as I am sure we all have good ideas for inclusion in BB10, what sense is it if nobody at Blackberry is reading ? Perhaps there are some there who check into these forums.

Review the initial post in this thread. UNofficial. There's no other promise otherwise.

That said, I do know it has been viewed and reviewed by those need to see it.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cd1229
My Device: Z-10 STL100-3
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Yes, I got that when I registered.  Am just wondering if BB is reading any of our feedback, or does anyone know? Thank you for all you do and I do like to contribute/support as well, so am happy to be here and look forward to the start of this new chapter in BB devices!  Cindy

Please use plain text.