Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,745
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Fox, as to "My" trolling, I created this thread, and will continue to monitor and respond to posts I both think are creative and to those I don't understand, such as yours (with what I thought was a bit of added levity). I can't help that you might be so easily offended.
Every so often we have scoured these user-posted suggestions and updated the initial post with all collected feature requests. If I don't understand a suggestion I certainly can't include it and hope others will understand it.

Now, you appear to have a huge chip on your shoulder (aside from major misconceptions about ones age of whom you know absolutely nothing) if my humor offends you, it could say as much about your age as well as mine.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders

ssbtech Thank You!
In the past on legacy BBOS devices those type unlock features were added with third party apps. Perhaps there will be soon. Or by BlackBerry themselves. Thanks for being willing to clarify.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
LilUnique
My Carrier: AT&T

I don't know if this was in the opening post so I apologize in advance. But in BB10, I would like to have the ability to add a custom ringtone for specific contacts for a text message and not just for the phone function, like it is on legacy devices. I don't know that this function was missing until today, and I would like to get the Z10.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

LilUnique, it is on the list. Check it.

Check out two third party apps, BeBuzz and Hub++ and see if they will provide what you need.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Rush-O-Matic
My Carrier: AT&T

With your suggestion to 'check the list', I went back and read through it. Two things I noticed: 1. I may have missed it, but since it's been mentioned by me and others it should be on the list. Need the 'Enter Number ' part of the dial pad needs to have the option to paste a phone number copied from elsewhere. (press and hold like others) 2. This list is getting really long. It would be nice to stop at some point soon and reorder it by importance. Is there a way to take a poll? Some of the suggestions seem like really easy fixes, but because the list is so cumbersome, not sure it will be read by anyone that can do anything about it.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Rush-O-Matic wrote:
 1. I may have missed it, but since it's been mentioned by me and others it should be on the list. Need the 'Enter Number ' part of the dial pad needs to have the option to paste a phone number copied from elsewhere. (press and hold like others)

good, thanks. Not on the list that I see.

Rush-O-Matic wrote:
 2. This list is getting really long. It would be nice to stop at some point soon and reorder it by importance. Is there a way to take a poll? Some of the suggestions seem like really easy fixes, but because the list is so cumbersome, not sure it will be read by anyone that can do anything about it.

No way to do a poll here in the forums. Besides, what's important to you maybe be my issue (such as "include better headphones in the box", which really is even a feature request :smileysad: What's in the box is a matter of the seller )

Yea it is long, lots of user-submitted requests!

And as noted in the initial post and later discussed in this thread, is totally an unofficial list. That said, it has been noticed. Promise.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dragonbz
My Carrier: telkomsel

And as noted in the initial post and later discussed in this thread, is totally an unofficial list. That said, it has been noticed. Promise.

WOW. I hope they implemented some of the fixes in next OS update.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

dragonbz wrote:

WOW. I hope they implemented some of the fixes in next OS update.

Some have been updated and will be seen in the 10.1.xxx OS release.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
audhie
My Carrier: singtel

Please put back the old BBM chat history.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

audhie wrote:
Please put back the old BBM chat history.

BBM chat history is available to enable in the BBM app on the z10

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.