Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
audhie
My Device: z10
My Carrier: singtel

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

I can't reply you as I'm still working few hours ago :Clap:

I figured it out but that feature still should be added... :Punk:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pbeasley
My Device: Not Specified

I would like a "Add my current location to..." function in Maps. I would like it to then give me a choice of "Favorites, Recent, Contact, new contact,or home screen." if I add it to home screen then opening that location in the future should immediately start navigation from my location.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrispdm1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

Volume change needs switched from the big box in the middle to a small bar on the side

Volume change box is too big and too opaque, really annoying when you change the volume, especially in the middle of an app. If it could be changed from the big box in the middle to a nice little bar on the extreme edge, it would be much better. Barring that, the ability to change the opacity of the bif box would be nice. See here for examples: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/anyone-else-think-would-good-change-volume-bar-z10-...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wentouch
My Device: Z10 STL 100-4
My Carrier: VERIZON

- Option to set defalt screen in Phone app to either dial, calls list, contacts, as featured in old OS.

- Include Suretype keyboard, as an alternative, for one handed usage.

-Active icon for the Weather app which is baked in, and maybe even for Clock icon, as well..

- Show incoming texts on upper portion of Hub, where events are shown.

- Tap Battery icon in Header to show battery percentage, tap Network icon in Header to show network strength and tap  the time to open Clock app, as featured in old OS.

- Separate pages in Browser for recently opened pages and Bookmarks. 

-Ability to organize bookmarks.

-Option to Hide icons.

-Option to inlcude date in header, in addition to Options tab and Calendar icon.

-Include call history in call details in Phone app.

-Add a bumper zone around Send key in texxt keyboard, to reduce accidentallly sending text premaurely.

-Add a Saved messages folder, as featured in old OS.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,842
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

wentouch,

• some of those are coming (active apps, or "headless apps" which are active when closed from the Active Screen, such as the weather icon. Probably a couple months or more when those developer APIs are allowed for use).
  • While hiding icons is not currently possible, create a folder for those you wish to hide (such as your Verizon apps?) name the folder "Junk" or whatever and move that folder to the last app icon screen. Thats one current workaround.
  • Saved folder... If you have an IMAP email server, you should be able to do this now.

Thanks for the contribution, good ideas.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dale65
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell

Contacts App:

You have raised some good points. I would like to see them also clarify the numbers on the contacts page. At the moment all I see is three separate phone numbers all identified as personal and I have to go the edit page to find out which is office, mobile and fax

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Plunjer
My Device: Z10 RFF91LW
My Carrier: Digicel/Airtel/3/T-Mobile

Yes the contacts app is way too fragmented. Every app accesses it differently an no ability to dial contacts from some apps like BBM. ALL messaging apps should be able to directly full contact address book information and call or message as required.
Please use plain text.
jakewilsonlaa
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: ee

all i want on my z10 is to be able to select all contacts when broadcasting as selecting over 860 contacts every single time takes the p*ss and for it to stop freezing and crashing on bbm all the time apart from that theres not really much more wrong with it 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,842
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jakewilsonlaa wrote:

all i want on my z10 is to be able to select all contacts when broadcasting as selecting over 860 contacts every single time

That is coming with OS 10.1 from what I have seen... could change, but it's there now.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
uzolee
My Device: Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Vodafone Hungary

Adjust volume for Bluetooth headsets. BB9900 supported it but.On Z10 you can not adjust the volume just on the headset (Pure-Fi Mobile)
Please use plain text.