If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
ajmalcom
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

"I personally like quick camera access, but I also agree that phone access should be a more easily accessible primary function." The phone has become a secondary function of all smart phones. Its generational that no one talks on the phone now, text and email are primary forms of communication" I personally never dial a number more than once. I want my recent calls or contacts first. I don't disagree that they couldn't put a button on the lock screen, but also make it a press and hold like the camera. No more pocket phone calls.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rippa
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

If you press and hold on the date line you can also delete everything that is below that date
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sg-homer
My Device: Torch 9810 / Playbook
My Carrier: EE (UK)

When viewing the Calendar, a button or entry in the top pop-down menu for Goto Today.   Wherever you've scrolled to in the calendar it's easy to jump back to the present - I used it all the time on my previous BB.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

You can just tap on the view you're in on the action menu icon. It does exactly what you're asking.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ajmalcom wrote:

*Selected notification options for each email account

This has been added in OS 10.1

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sg-homer
My Device: Torch 9810 / Playbook
My Carrier: EE (UK)

So it does...  Thanks a million!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elsayyid
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: etisalat

Searching in SMS on BlackBerry Q10

Searching in SMS on BlackBerry
Search criteria on Blackberry (OS 7):
I can search by several criteria, such as:
Message: Type text that the search should find in the body of messages.
for example: if SMS such as:
I can search to know how many times John absent using this criteria "john absent" when (John) is contact and (absent) is text in the body of message.
Search criteria on Blackberry (OS10):
I can use only one criteria (john) to retrieve all john SMS's or (absent) to retrieve all SMS's include (absent), if i use 2 criteria the search won't retrieve any result.
We need solution!!!
Please help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elsayyid
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: etisalat

Searching in SMS on BlackBerry (OP10)

Search criteria on Blackberry (OS 7):
I can search by several criteria, such as:
Message: Type text that the search should find in the body of messages.
for example: if SMS such as:
I can search to know how many times John absent using this criteria "john absent" when (John) is contact and (absent) is text in the body of message.
Search criteria on Blackberry (OS10):
I can use only one criteria (john) to retrieve all john SMS's or (absent) to retrieve all SMS's include (absent), if i use 2 criteria the search won't retrieve any result.
We need solution!!!
Please help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
spikegotti
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: LIME

It would be great to be able to select more than one item (messages, numbers, pictures, songs etc) at once; Select all perhaps.

The ability to save your barcode as an image like the older devices. 

The option to control the light sensor at night manually. Sometimes I prefer the screen brighter but this is impossible :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maclenin
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

For the moment, here are 2 of the most pressing "features" (in my view), in order of criticality:

1. CONTACTS - Elimination of the Contacts country code foible (see here for further clarification). I am having to create TWO separate records for each contact: FIRST with the phone number format (0) and a SECOND with the text number format (+44) - doesn't this seem inappropriately cumbersome? The phone is a fairly central and critical piece of the device? No? I can't believe I am the only Z10 user in the UK experiencing this issue?

2. BROWSER - Ability to HIDE the Z10 browser's URL / search bar while the browser is being used in either portrait or landscape orientations.

With regard to "There's nothing official to this thread...." Where should I take "official" requests for "fixing" of fundamental "features"?

Thanks for any comments.

maclenin

Please use plain text.