Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
interfaSys
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Ability to group accounts in hub (, so that I have more options than just hub or individual accounts.)

Sieve support

Standard email encryption support using S/MIME and PGP

OpenVPN support

WebDAV support as a backend available to the file manager and others
--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ejaguiar
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Hmm there is a rocketman app for ttc users
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KMucci
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Z10

View webpages in landscape

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

KMucci wrote:

Z10

View webpages in landscape

This is possible now, even since the device launch.

If your's is locked to portrait, check your Orientation Lock settings in the main Settings.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JunkieXP
My Device: 9900 / DevAlpha
My Carrier: VodafoneNL

Integrate Messaging Apps such as WhatsApp within the Contacts App next to "Call 1234567890" and "SMS 1234567890" and Skype / Twitter / Facebook Integrations =).

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Rush-O-Matic
My Carrier: AT&T

When someone sends you a group MMS text you should be able to long press or something so you can have the option to just text the sender back instead of the whole group.
Please use plain text.
joebuck
My Carrier: ATT

1. I have several emails and the ability to handle email notifications separately was a big feature that kept me using Blackberrys. I liked that when my message light blinked, all I had to do was look at my phone, without touching anything to see which email accounts received mail (iPhones are awful at this!).  I miss this ability on the Z10 to provide different indications for each email account (e.g. message light, ring tone).  Please fix.  2.  It would be nice to be able to assign icons to different email accounts so in the hub instead of seeing the same envelope for all my different email accounts it would say, Aol, Gmail, or my own icon I could assign (maybe up to three letters in an envelope?).  This would make reading the Hub easier.  3. If I leave the Z10 in a text or email message you can NOT wake the phone and continue swiping up to open to those messages, like you can on other screens.  You must start at the bottom of the screen again and swipe up A SECOND TIME.  Please fix this. 4. Continuing from the previous issue, it would be nice to be able to leave the phone in a message or any app, then be able to wake the phone and go directly to the home screen IN A SINGLE GESTURE (e.g. swipe up to open then continue LEFT, which would be the opposite of the hub peek gesture). 5.  I don’t like leaving voice messages as few people respond to them quickly.  So when I call someone and it goes to their voicemail, I would like the option on the screen that displays during call to “leave a text message”.  Clicking this would immediately end the call, take me to the text screen, automatically input that contact number (or the number I called, if not a contact of mine) and all I would have to do is start typing a text or input a preset text message and send.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KMucci
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks. Strange thing happened. As soon as I posted this request it started working. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ShellyPr
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Add back option to Save Pictures from Apps or that are inserted in e-mails instead of having to take screen shot.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,825
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

joebuck wrote:

1.   I miss this ability on the Z10 to provide different indications for each email account (e.g. message light, ring tone).  Please fix. Coming in OS 10.1.. very soon

2.  It would be nice to be able to assign icons to different email accounts so in the hub instead of seeing the same envelope for all my different email accounts it would say, Aol, Gmail, or my own icon I could assign  You can do that now, just rename those accounts in the email setup of your accounts.

3. If I leave the Z10 in a text or email message you can NOT wake the phone and continue swiping up to open to those messages, like you can on other screens.  You must start at the bottom of the screen again and swipe up A SECOND TIME.  Please fix this. I don't understand what you mean here.

4. Continuing from the previous issue, it would be nice to be able to leave the phone in a message or any app, then be able to wake the phone and go directly to the home screen IN A SINGLE GESTURE (e.g. swipe up to open then continue LEFT, which would be the opposite of the hub peek gesture). That's possible now. Just did it. Leave a message open on the screen, the device goes to sleep. Swipe up once to awake the Z10, again up and to the right to move from the open mail message to the active screen.

5.  I don’t like leaving voice messages as few people respond to them quickly.  So when I call someone and it goes to their voicemail, I would like the option on the screen that displays during call to “leave a text message”.  Clicking this would immediately end the call, take me to the text screen, automatically input that contact number (or the number I called, if not a contact of mine) and all I would have to do is start typing a text or input a preset text message and send.  Touch END to end the call, then touch and hold the caller's number to open the right side popup to send the SMS.

Good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.