Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
audhie
My Device: z10
My Carrier: singtel

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

@cas118: just put a single rude post and you're fed up. just face it.

@toddmmmmm you are the one who fool. yes it is new if you don't consider Dev Alpha..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ldynredd
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Z10, HS-700 Headset

Is this really helping anyone? If you don't like the device, get a new one, get off the forum and allow the rest of us to read the productive comments.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
toddmmmmm
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Agreed. It's a far better phone - as a phone - than the iPod phones. There's bound to be a few quirks and some features that need tweaking. That's what the forum is for. Not pointlessly pouring scorn on something.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Let's all chill out. This is a "Feature Request" thread, not a how to or let's all attack Crackberry style thread. Please keep on topic and be civil.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello audhie,

I do not understand some of the features you are requesting:

audhie wrote:
- Where is the alt+enter?

- Ability to choose only a few words on the BBM !

Besides, I would like to answer to this part of your message:

audhie wrote:

and there are many of the requests on this thread is not in the latest update... so whats the use of this thread anyway?

is there any log which is fixed and which is not?

do you giuys working at BB taking this thread seriously?

I'm still feel this z10 is not worth to spend..

so....

1) this forum is peer-to-peer. We are BlackBerry owners, like you, who spend part of our free time helping other people. This is clearly stated in the paragraph at the top of this very page. BlackBerry employees do not monitor closely this forum, since it is a community forum, and not a "support forum" as too many people think it is. So no, the guys at BB do not really consider this thread at all.

2) the comprehensive list of feature requests is compiled in the first message of the conversation. Indeed, it has not been recompiled since early April. Again, the volunteers who do that, well, do that on their free time so even though I also would like this compilation to be updated every hour, I cannot blame them for not doing that.

3) About which feature is made available or not... well, if someone does not notice it after doing an OS upgrade , then it is not important to that person :smileyhappy: More seriously, when there is a new OS upgrade, you can usually find a limited changelog, including the bugfixes and the new features. For example :

ability to add carriage returns in Word Completion

ability to use the HDR mode in the camera app

4) the use of this thread is for people to write down a list of features that they request. You can call this wishful thinking.

If you wish on the other hand to be listened to BlackBerry, you can subscribe to their Beta Zone program, and answer their surveys about BlackBerry 10. They have IIRC so far asked for 4 surveys for BlackBerry 10 since February 2013.

5) about your last sentence, I understand this is your current feeling. It is okay, everyone can build up an opinion ; just remember to stay on topic as much as possible when posting in a forum.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcamposs
My Carrier: TELCEL

Ability to be able to paste telephones on the dialer pad, when copying numbers from another applications.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcamposs

Ability to be able to use word substitution same way as I was able to do in torch 9800. Would be nice to have on top of this, the ability to add basic text format (color, font size, bold,..). Current word substitution can only paste text in one single line without accepting spaces or indentation as it did on torch 9800
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcamposs

To be able to transfer ALL INFORMATION FROM OLD BlackBerry TO THE NEW. And by all info, meant ALL. It is ironic that is easier to move all info from BB torch 9800 to galaxy s4 than it is to Z10.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcamposs

Be able to move memo pad directly from older BB versions to Z10 and have a separate application, not putting all inside REMEMBER
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcamposs

Be able to create customized shortcuts to any application so that we don't have to scroll through all the phone to get to it.
Please use plain text.