If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

hxjake wrote:

Some more thoughts.  Please Blackberry consider.

(...)

- Applications ask for excessive permission. Unacceptable. Why?!

I agree with you, but it is not BlackBerry's fault.

You agree that it must be possible for an app to access files (for example a music player).

You agree that it must be possible for an app to access the camera (for example a picture-taking app).

It goes for all other permissions.

That being said, it is the choice of the developer to add mandatory permissions.

My personal rule, is that if I judge that an app has no reason to access something (let's say, a game that would require an access to my addressbook), then I will not install it.

And then I will contact the developer and tell them why I refused that.

This is the consumer's choice. It is not BlackBerry's role to prevent that (otherwise it would be the same as Apple's censorship on the AppStore).

hxjake wrote:

(...)

- Can only install apps in the very tiny 2GB memory.  Not the 16GB device. I may be wrong as I am still researching. While challenging, I think I found from sites that app get install to 16GB device memory and not 2GB RAM. Yea!

I do not understand what you write here.

On my Z10 I have installed several huge games (Real Racing 3, Mass Effect, Iron Man 3) that add up to more than 6GB.

hxjake wrote:

A Convenience.(...)

- No longer supports my BIS account (username@<carrier>.blackberry.net) which was my BB World account.  A sad moment.

well, it is always a question of how many users use that. If you only have several hundreds worldwide (I am making up that number, I have no source at all), then it can be understadable that this service is to be discontinued.

But this decision is a joint decision between the carriers (in your case, AT&T) and BlackBerry.

My personal opinion on that, is that I do not want to have my emails readable on just one device. This is too dangerous (if the device is broken or stolen).

More specifically about your BBID issue, it is of course possible for you to change the email of your BBID. You can find more information on how to do that, in this article from the public knowledge base:

KB28060 How to change or update the BlackBerry ID Username (email address)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Visitor
roshko
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Mobiltel

Hello,

Some missing features I find useful:

* Search in recent calls list, accessible via swiping down the list (below own number)

* Contact linking should automatically show similiar names

* Phone Code lock should have an option to always lock the device, not only within a timeout.

* Phone and BBM shortcut on lockscreen (only camera present now)

* Lock screen shortcuts should be customizable (selectable from list maybe?)

* Notifications on Lock screen can lead dircetly to the item (email, alarm, sms, bbm, etc... ) via tap or maybe with left-to-right swipe.

* "Close all applications" option in task manager

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kkedacic
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ViP

• NFS support (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_File_System)
  • Better VPN support (OpenVPN!!!!, PPTP, SSTP, L2TP/IPSec)
  • Add XMPP IM protocol
  • Integrate all IM protocols into BB Hub/OS (Gtalk, Skype etc.), so there is no need for terible applications
  • GPG/PGP mail support
  • Add GTK+ toolkit support

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

kkedacic wrote:

as far as I know, BlackBerry provides two network sharing methods today:

• for companies that use BES5, CIFS shared folders (for BlackBerry 7.1 and lower)
  • for companies that use BES10, BlackBerry Work Drives (for BlackBerry 10, Android and iOS)
  • for normal people, shared folders through BlackBerry Link

what would NFS bring ?

kkedacic wrote:
  • Add GTK+ toolkit support

GTK is not suited for mobile apps... as far as I know there is no GTK+ implementation for Android, iOS, WindowsPhone... not even on Firefox OS.

BlackBerry already provides so many graphical toolkits, that are focused on mobile screens.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kkedacic
My Carrier: ViP

what would NFS bring ?

Same as CIFS but for *unix users.

GTK was well suited on my Nokia N900. If you want to compete with iOS and Android you need to have stuff that they dont have. QNX already have GTK port, same for NFS support; I dont know why do BlackBerry ignores *unix side of QNX system.

Please use plain text.
asadeh
My Carrier: Telus

I would like to add a the ability to import a MIME certificate for encrypted emails without the use of BES

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
swaxolez
My Device: Playbook

:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:

Do not disturb with weeknight/weekend or just anytime scheduling. please please please ...  make the voices go away outside of work time.  Please!  

How hard is this to implement?  iOS has this a little and Android has it a lot.  I understand it used to be in old BB software.  Why isnt it part of BB10?

Please please please just add this in.  I hope someone is reading this forum.  I need to have this.  

Ahhhhhh ttthhheeeee  iiiiiinnnnnccccceeeeesssssssssssssaaaannnntttttt ppppphhhhhoooooonnnnneeee rrrriiiinnnnnggggsss ...... :Eek:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

swaxolez, what?

Why not place your phone on vibrate or silent? The built-in DND.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
swaxolez
My Device: Playbook

Hi J

Thanks for the quick response.

The built in DND requires me to direct it.  I am specifically requesting scheduling.  It needs to automatically go silent on weeknights and weekends.  Many of us do not want to be disturbed all the time and don't want to think about it. 

This is an important distinction because if one forgets to put their phone on silent or vibrate then its too late because after a hard long day of work while comfortably sitting at home with your family or relaxing you get intruded by your ringer.  It only needs to ring once to ruin your peace and quiet. 

Cheers

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,875
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Have you check Appworld for an app which does this?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.