Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Our Traveler server also has a setting for # of days. Maybe that's where you're getting burned (or Exchange ActiveSync obviously)
Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

A nice feature for the BB10

Evernote, BB Travel, BB Podcast

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

You can add an Evernote account in settings. It will then sync with BlackBerry Remember

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

cas118 wrote:
You can add an Evernote account in settings. It will then sync with BlackBerry Remember

I know that, but it is not working like it is suppose to, it takes over 1hrs to either get or send to the server, you can not see all the notes, you can use the tags, and apparently you can not use it to store any thing as evernote is use on the Playbook or computer

Remember should be renamed to FORGET IT

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssbtech
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

EAS may be good for enterprise users where IT departments require users to be "working from the server", but for personal use the sync features of EAC are difficult to live with.

I regularly delete messages from my phone (to keep it tidy) that I later want to view on my PC at home.

I also occasionally want emails to remain on my phone after downloading them with Outlook on my PC. 

EAC seems to be a bit of a misnomer to me - you're not really "syncing" and working off a local copy, you're simply

using your phone to work from the server. 

So my feature request is to bring back either BIS or a BIS like feature that allows me to pick and choose what messages I want to keep on my phone. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ssbtech
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Application minimizing and closing:

Swipe half way up the screen to minimize an application to an active tile. 

Swipe it all the way up the screen to close the application.

It's silly having to minimize an application, then tapping the tiny "X" to close it.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kmascoll
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: fido :(

Can the keyboard be fined tuned? 

I like the predictive text, but when typing fast I miss the opportunity to swipe up on the word I need and often have to deleted a letter and go back. It's also hard to get used to because sometimes the word I need appears above the keys and sometimes on the space bar. It's been over a month and I can't tell where the word I need will show up. 

In comparison to the iPhone keyboard, it's not as precise when pressing keys, but faster when typing messages.

I think the best solution is to have another keyboard option and I'm suggesting Swype.  I used it on my Android and it proved to be way faster for me than a physical keyboard.  I miss holding my phone with one hand and preparing an entier email with only my thumb.  

With the current keyboard, I find that I have to pay too much attention to the keyboard in general and every letter i'm typing as opposed to swyping my thumb around the keyboard and choosing the word I want from the predictive text bar (if required).  Going back to my physical keyboard days with my bold 9700, I could type messages without looking at the keyboard and Swype was the closest thing to that.

Please use plain text.
Developer
cas118
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

You can do this

Go to settings - Language and Input - On-screen Keyboard

Change portrait and landscape modes to "In-column"

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
kmascoll
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: fido :(

cas118 wrote:
You can do this

Go to settings - Language and Input - On-screen Keyboard

Change portrait and landscape modes to "In-column"

That's a bit better, but I would still prefer the option to use a third party keyboard.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Terraloth
My Device: Z10 white
My Carrier: O2

What I would like are:

• customisation for different types of messages - LED colour
  • volume lock button button - I am forever pressing it when taking the phone out my pocket and/or holster!
  • a more obvious 'reject call' 
  • multiple alarms
Please use plain text.