Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
elsayyid
My Carrier: etisalat

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

Searching in SMS on BlackBerry Q10

Searching in SMS on BlackBerry
Search criteria on Blackberry (OS 7):
I can search by several criteria, such as:
Message: Type text that the search should find in the body of messages.
for example: if SMS such as:
I can search to know how many times John absent using this criteria "john absent" when (John) is contact and (absent) is text in the body of message.
Search criteria on Blackberry (OS10):
I can use only one criteria (john) to retrieve all john SMS's or (absent) to retrieve all SMS's include (absent), if i use 2 criteria the search won't retrieve any result.
We need solution!!!
Please help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elsayyid
My Carrier: etisalat

Searching in SMS on BlackBerry (OP10)

Search criteria on Blackberry (OS 7):
I can search by several criteria, such as:
Message: Type text that the search should find in the body of messages.
for example: if SMS such as:
I can search to know how many times John absent using this criteria "john absent" when (John) is contact and (absent) is text in the body of message.
Search criteria on Blackberry (OS10):
I can use only one criteria (john) to retrieve all john SMS's or (absent) to retrieve all SMS's include (absent), if i use 2 criteria the search won't retrieve any result.
We need solution!!!
Please help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
spikegotti
My Carrier: LIME

It would be great to be able to select more than one item (messages, numbers, pictures, songs etc) at once; Select all perhaps.

The ability to save your barcode as an image like the older devices. 

The option to control the light sensor at night manually. Sometimes I prefer the screen brighter but this is impossible :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
maclenin
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

For the moment, here are 2 of the most pressing "features" (in my view), in order of criticality:

1. CONTACTS - Elimination of the Contacts country code foible (see here for further clarification). I am having to create TWO separate records for each contact: FIRST with the phone number format (0) and a SECOND with the text number format (+44) - doesn't this seem inappropriately cumbersome? The phone is a fairly central and critical piece of the device? No? I can't believe I am the only Z10 user in the UK experiencing this issue?

2. BROWSER - Ability to HIDE the Z10 browser's URL / search bar while the browser is being used in either portrait or landscape orientations.

With regard to "There's nothing official to this thread...." Where should I take "official" requests for "fixing" of fundamental "features"?

Thanks for any comments.

maclenin

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

you can send your comments to your carrier hotline.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

spikegotti wrote:

It would be great to be able to select more than one item (messages, numbers, pictures, songs etc) at once; Select all perhaps.

That was baked in the OS from the start of the z10... been there since the beginning. And, has been explained in this thread already many times... touch the three dots at lower right > Select More.

spikegotti wrote:

The ability to save your barcode as an image like the older devices. 

Just display your barcode > Screen shot via Up and Down volume keys. Done.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Rush-O-Matic
My Carrier: AT&T

- having to press 'End call' about 12 times on an accidental call is annoying. Is this typical for all touch screen only phones? Pressing 'end call' should simply work on the first press.

I miss being to ask someone their phone number, dial it to store it, and then quickly hang up. Or, if I fat finger press the wrong recent number, I can't just cancel the call quickly. Or, if I bump some random string of numbers in an email, the phone dials away, and won't stop without many presses.
Please use plain text.
Developer
spikegotti

When I said select more than one at once, I meant select all automatically, select more and select all aren't the same. Example, Some persons may have tons of messages to delete, a Select all function which selects all without having to touch each message one by one would make things much faster. A select all and close all (for all open BBM chats) would make this OS more awesome.
Please use plain text.
Developer
spikegotti

[ Edited ]

Also, Screenshots of the barcode is nothing compared to being able to preview the barcode and save the image. Come on, many of us Designers and Developers utilize more of an OS and device than the average day to day user.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

spikegotti wrote:
When I said select more than one at once, I meant select all automatically, select more and select all aren't the same. Example, Some persons may have tons of messages to delete, a Select all function which selects all without having to touch each message one by one would make things much faster. A select all and close all (for all open BBM chats) would make this OS more awesome.

Well, you said more than one, so I answered that, :smileyhappy:

If you want to select ALL messages from one user, in your example, sure... do a search of ONLY that sender > at the top of that screen touch and hold > Delete all prior. That is the same as selecting all.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.