Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
sickstring6
My Device: z10
My Carrier: fido

ForgoT BBID

so after needing to format my z10 and re-install the OS Ive forgotten my BBID and have lost all apps associated with it. 

How do I retrieve previous BBIDs associated with my phone?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: ForgoT BBID

If you know the email address for your BBID you can reset the password here:

www.bbid.com

There's no way to "retrieve previous BBID's associated with my phone."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sickstring6

So I'm screwed...all apps and no backups will complete??????

thanks for the reply John. Is there anyway I can get out of the loop that I'm in while on my phone? when I click on that link it takes over links and I'm in a loop unable to do anything ? **bleep** phone
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You can see your current BBID by going to Settings (swipe down from the top of the home screen) and go to BlackBerry ID. It should show the BBID that is currently logged in.

And you should use your PC to go to www.bbid.com, not the Z10.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sickstring6

Problem is I had to security wipe, since the phone glitched and couldn't boot.....so not possible
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

So, why is it the phone's fault you don't know what your BBID is? You would have the same problem with an Apple ID or a Google account.

What email address do you usually use? Go to www.bbid.com on your PC (NOT your phone) and see if you can log in. If you can't remember the password see if you can reset it using your email address(s).
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sickstring6

Imo it's the phone support system since there is a BBID and a pin with the BlackBerry and even though I have the backup file(s) I can't use them. Just disappointed that I've lost my apps. Sure I can't remember the email but the phone cropped the bed because I plugged it in while the phone was shutting down from a dead battery......whatever, if there isn't any way to restore then that's that. sucks and I'm disappointed
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I understand your frustration but your anger is misguided. I can't call Google and ask them what my email address is. There are things in life you just need to remember that others aren't going to remember for you.

How many email addresses do you have? Which one would you have "probably" used? Try that one first. Use the password reset link at www.bbid.com and type in an email address. It will either send you a password reset email or it will say that account doesn't exist.

There's not much else that can be done for you. You'll have to create a new BBID if you don't know your old one. This time I suggest writing it down...in fact, BlackBerry has an app called Password Keeper which is designed for encrypting and storing accounts and passwords and is where I have kept all that kind of data for almost 10 years.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sickstring6

Thanks for the tip but don't you need to be able to access the app???? I'm not able to restore any apps
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sickstring6

Anyway, it's not possible. Thanks
Please use plain text.