Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
lespoir
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility Canada

Help appreciated for this mysterious "2926EE45" news update?

Dear friends (all smart users), I just got this new Blackberry Z10 two weeks ago, and upon activation, on the "Hub - Notifications", I have, ever since from Day 1, kept receiving "News Updates" from this phone-pin "2926EE45", which includes all sorts of news highlights with a website link www.ipaidabribenaija.com. And it constantly comes from "Notifications", certainly not from two email accounts I use.

It looks like a spam daily mailout to me, since I know nothing about this mail sender.

I complained to Bell Mobility outlet who sold the Z10 to me, and all they said that (a) either they know nothing about it, or they would call their technical support to figure out, (b) or they said I might have downloaded "apps" that came with one of the apps. Yes I only had 4-5 apps (The New York Times, USA Today, Air Canada, The Weather Channel, and the Globe and Mail).

Your help and advice is highly appreciate it, since I do not want to receive it, and I have no clue what it is, this "2926EE45" source, and I really want to get rid of it.

Thank you

Andy

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Help appreciated for this mysterious "2926EE45" news update?

Hey lespoir,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

This is a PIN message and could have got access to BBM.  Go into Settings>Security and Privacy>Application Permissions

Click on the drop down menu and change it to connect to BBM and see if there is any applications listed.

You can not block PIN messages on the BlackBerry Z10.

I would suggest changing the permissions of those applications and then monitor the issue.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lespoir

thank you ViciousFerret, for the advice. I will keep your response for a later use and backup.

I went back to the Vendor and eventually they replaced my Blackberry and gave me a new one, after the network technical services could not solve the problem, while Blackberry technical service put us on hold for too long.

By all means thank you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raulfdezhdez
My Device: Blackberry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: Pepephone

Hi!

I´m receiving the same PIN message from 2926EE45 number.
I tried to contact the website to stop sending these messages but have no response.

I have the LE Z10, without downloaded apps.

It is a bit disappointing not to be able to block PIN-to-PIN.

Any solution?

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lespoir

the only advice/recommendation I can give to you is to immediately return to the seller, if you bought it recently, and replace it with a new phone.

i think neither Blackberry nor phone/network provider bothers or can check out where and what went wrong.

Please use plain text.