Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
dmacneil1_zzzappp
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

How is it possible that no one has tried using Voice Notes Recorder on theZ10?

Switched from a Torch 9810 to Z10.  I use Voice Notes Recorder a lot in meetings.  I can't find this function on the Z10.  I can't find anyone asking where this is.  I can't believe that I'm the only person who has a Z10 who uses the Voice Notes Recorder.  What am I missing?  I need to be able to record long meetings but cannot figure out a way to do this on the Z10.  Can anyone offer any guidance?  thanks..

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How is it possible that no one has tried using Voice Notes Recorder on theZ10?

[ Edited ]

Wow...you are right, it does not seem to be there! But there are 3rd party apps in BBWorld to do the same thing...a quick search there on "Voice Note" revealed two options, one free and the other paid.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: How is it possible that no one has tried using Voice Notes Recorder on theZ10?

Check that...I looked deeper, and found Voice Notes within the Remember App. If you create a new item there, one of the options is to include a Voice Note. As I consider the intent of the Remember App, that actually makes some sense (as a way to file the item and be able to find it later).

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmacneil1_zzzappp

Wow.. how did you ever find that! Thanks a lot for the info. I might have stumbled across that in.. say.. a year or two. Thanks!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmacneil1_zzzappp

They should really add that to the Help documentation.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

dmacneil1_zzzappp wrote:
Wow.. how did you ever find that!

In exploring my storage areas (as part of getting WiFi access going), I came across a folder called "Voice Notes" (or something similar)...that told me there just had to be a way to do this (otherwise, the device memory format would not even create such a folder). So I kept digging and, in experimenting with something else for the Remember app, saw the icon to create a Voice Note...and the proverbial light bulb above my head exploded! Fortunately, it had not been too long since I'd posted my first response in this thread and I was able to find it again to post the correction.

Cheers! And you are most very welcome indeed!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.