If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
CarlaL
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

Html Messages

Sometimes my HTML emails and tweets come thru with all the HTML coding. Why? . Here is a sample....

<html>Bleus. Denim. UNTTLD. <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="#SMM">#SMM</a> <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="<a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="@Target">@Target</a>_ca"><a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="@Target">@Target</a>_ca</a> <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="@Target">@Target</a> <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="@Target">@Target</a>_fr <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href="#25magasins">#25magasins</a> #25000$ <a style='font-weight:normal;color:rgb(36, 119, 179);' href='http://vine.co/v/bnUdhr7tTYH'>vine.co/v/bnUdhr7tTYH</a> -- District Montréal @DistrictMtl</html>

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CarlaL

Re: Html Messages

any ideas?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Hi CarlaL,

Does this occur with all email messages or just specific ones?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CarlaL

It happnes from a specific email contact and a specific twitter account it seems.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants

Have you verified the email looks 'normal' when viewing it from your computer?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
greggov

I have seen this in tweets as well, it's really annoying. Sometime's it's just a little bit of code, and sometimes it's the whole tweet, as you posted above. Something is definitely going on with that.

My issue with HTML email is the poor formatting and rendering. What really needs to happen is every email should autofit to the screen as default, and then one can pinch to zoom in/out. Sometimes though, the emails aren't handled correctly and won't zoom out all the way, requiring constant panning and scrolling to see the whole email. The emails look fine on every device EXCEPT BlackBerry. Fine on web browsers, fine on my old iPhone that I use as an iPod touch, and fine on my Nexus 7.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
CarlaL

The sample I provided above is a tweet. There is a specific email I get nightly that does the same thing. Showed fine on old blackberry and shows fine on computer. Does the email need to be formatted differently to avoid this code showing?
Please use plain text.