Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)
Accepted Solution

Is a BlackBerry ID required for a BlackBerry 10 device?

[ Edited ]

I've been a BlackBerry user since the first text pager, and got my BlackBerry ID when it first became available.  However, I support both legacy and BlackBerry 10 devices, and although I know you can use a legacy BlackBerry device without having a BlackBerry ID, I'm not sure if that's the case with a BlackBerry 10 device.  Please don't ask why I wouldn't have a BlackBerry ID - I do!  And don't tell me about the benifits - you'll be preaching to the chior.

So the simple question is, can a BlackBerry 10 device be used without connecting it to a BlackBerry ID?

Thank you.

Jerry
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Is a BlackBerry ID required for a BlackBerry 10 device?

You can use it without one but you won't be able to download apps, use BBM, make backups etc. But yes, you can access the device without logging in to a BBID.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: Is a BlackBerry ID required for a BlackBerry 10 device?

Thanks for the quick respone John!

Jerry
Please use plain text.