Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
BrianFMartin
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE (Formally T-Mobile)

Mail Icon No Unread Mail Icon z10

As the subject would suggest. How do I read a mail icon when everything has been spoken for?

@BlinkBrian
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
krazy_canuck
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Mail Icon No Unread Mail Icon z10

I've now got this happening too ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnnywadiii
My Device: Z10, Playbook 64G

Me too. It's showing 67 mails and I've none unopened. Rebooted but still there. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Tigershark24
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

It is a fault with the phone. I could only delete the mailboxes and then re-configure them to get rid of the problem. Unfortunately got the same problem with a voicemail but after trying all the fixes the icon and message notification could not be deleted and the phone is being replaced. Speak to yur provider and explain that it is a fault on the phone.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnnywadiii
My Device: Z10, Playbook 64G

Thanks for the reply. I will keep an eye on it. I did manage to get rid of it (for now) . I delved deeper into my Hotmail account's folder's through the Hub drop down menu which lists all your accounts and expanded them. Its methodically went through each folder until I came across a folder (I think it was a spam folder) and found around the number close to what was attached to the icon and deleted them all. Rebooted and the icon disappeared. What was also curious was the icon associated with the files I deleted. They weren't mail icons, they were folder icons and I think they were yellow or an orange color.
I would be interested to find out if your new one develops this issue again. Maybe in my case it was a corrupt sync or interruption with the network data flow during setup of my accounts.
Please use plain text.