Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
mleitman
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Multiple contacts with same phone number

Hi all.  My wife works at the same location as a few other contacts of mine.  They have a main number and extensions.  Whenever she calls, the call display instead shows one of her colleagues (presumably, because his last name starts with B, whereas hers has a K).  Is there any way to override the data for call display, so that I don't call the other fellow "honey", when he's the one to actually call?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Multiple contacts with same phone number

Hello mleitman and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for your question on Caller ID.

This feature is a carrier controlled feature so it would be recommended you contact your carrier, presumably Bell (from your profile) to assist.

Cheers!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Jaffa
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Ltd Edition
My Carrier: giffgaff

Re: Multiple contacts with same phone number

What? In what way is it a "carrier controlled feature"?

What we need here is a way of marking one particular contact as the "primary" contact for an incoming call. I've got the same problem, I have a contact which is my work so I can call the office; but one of my colleagues has included that in their LinkedIn profile.

So whenever I get a call from anyone in the office it shows up as my colleague calling rather than the office, presumably because his first name begins with 'A'.

I tried editing the contact to have an underscore or to remove the phone number from my colleague's entry, but that didn't do anything - presumably because they're linked: the first case it created a new local contact and linked it; the second case because LinkedIn is the master and the Contacts UI isn't smart enough to know the field isn't editable.