Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
MikeGolan
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Need Help Managing Contacts

[ Edited ]

hi... i juz bought a new BB Z10, and i'm gladly reading the tips in this thread, since BB Z10 is a real enhancement from others BB. I juz wanna ask, is there any tips in managing contact? since everytime I add a contact, it's always copying itself to my SIM card. Is it possible to save in external memory card? (not a backup function which created a single csv file, but one by one so I can edit it right away when there's a friend change his number... juz like other smartphone/symbian phone). tks b4.

and the other question, how can we save an internet page in Blackberry original browser?

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

I sent it from my BBzTen.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
frenettem
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Need Help Managing Contacts

[ Edited ]

Will this help?  http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/02/transfer-contacts-blackberry-z10/

If you are asking about saving a bookmark in your browswer, just click the menu (the three vertical dots on the right bottom of the browser) and then click Add Bookmark.  You will see many other options here too, including Settings. I like the Add to Home Screen option, so I can save things like concert tickets or airline boarding passes for fast access when I need it, and quick delete when I finish with them.

To see book marks, click the two overlapping squares (meant to be windows) on the lower left, then click bookmarks. Here you can also set your home page, view and remove history and and open a new tab.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MikeGolan
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel

[ Edited ]

Tks for the answer. but not quite solving the problem...

Q1. try this... everytime you add a contact, it will add a contact to your phone, AND to your SIM CARD. For you can prove it by looking in the SIM Card Contact option. The problem is, these days my SIM Card operator just provide a limited amount of contacts that can be add, so when it's full, there'll be some contact that will not be saved in the SIM Card. On the other hand, it's quite practical if Blackberry contact can save each contact (or copying it) into external memory card (just like some symbian phone) not by a SINGLE VCF  or CSV file... in order to make easier in managing our contact in the phone (or after sync it to the PC).

Q2. Nope, what i mean is if Blackberry Internet Browser can save a HTML file just like I did in Firefox/IE/Opera, not just a bookmark, since when we want see the pages again, by pressing the bookmark we must first connected to the internat/network (imagine if there's no internet connection / mobile connection available, we can't read at as well as when we hv connection).

So maybe the Blackberry developer can provide (or include it?!) a great updates (since at this moment, i try to update my BlackBerry 10 OS... for the size of 1028 MB - but I confused, why in the explanation it says 2 GB?!?! man... it'll takes forever to update this... thanks for the developer make a Pause Button on the Software Updates section so I don't hv to sit and wait forever hehehehe.... )

I sent it from my BBzTen.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

from a BlackBerry perspective, they focus on :
1) making it easy to do backups that can be used to restore data on another BlackBerry
2) making it easy to migrate data from iOS/Android/WindowsPhone towards BlackBerry

but they have no real interest to provide an easy way to migrate from BlackBerry to the competition.

If you want a tool to manage your contacts, it seems that you can use an OTA sync (with the contacts given by your email provider) or use a sync to Microsoft Outlook (the client you can buy for Windows).

for saving webpages, I would like that too, but I think that so few people understand even what you mean by saving a page, and even less people will use that feature, that I think it is not a good idea to provide this feature in the core OS.
On the other hand, a third party editor will probably provide this feature through an app.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
ratishnarayanan
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

i made a swith from Q10 to Z10 and iam facing an issue:

any text i receive come under random existing texts. for example i get my vodafone bill as text from Vodafone and i got a text from my friend whos contact details are saved as Judith, so when i get a text from Judith it come in the Vodafone txet thread. Is anyone else facing the same issue or can anyone help me fix this..?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello ratishnarayanan,

please read the following article from the public knowledge base, can the resolution be applied to your case ?

KB33764 SMS messages appear to come from the wrong contact when received on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Developer
ratishnarayanan
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

thnak you....apreciate it

Please use plain text.