Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jetie
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Now have my second Z10. Look as though it is on, but callers are told phone is switched off. No signal problems in the past and have been with same provider for years. Any settings I am missing?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Now have my second Z10. Look as though it is on, but callers are told phone is switched off. No signal problems in the past and have been with same provider for years. Any settings I am missing?

At Settings (swipe down from the top of the home screen) > Network Connections > (your mobile network) > is ithe mobile network "on"?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jetie

Re: Now have my second Z10. Look as though it is on, but callers are told phone is switched off. No signal problems in the past and have been with same provider for years. Any settings I am missing?

Yes, the network is on. I should add that the fault is intermittent, most of the time it is OK. However, I call it around midnight and everything is OK, but by the morning the "phone is switched off" message is back and there is no missed call showing on it.  When I have switched it off and back on, it's OK again until the next night, or whenever. As both the phones I have tried do this I am thinking it must be a setting or something. My old phone, on same provider worked OK all the time!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Its a software problem, Im having the same except the signal is gone once I switch the network to off then on it back

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Do you have a new microSIM card or are you still using the same card as before you got the Z10?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jetie

I had a new micro sim card with the first z10 then used the same sim in the replacement Z10 which I am now trying to sort out.  Seems like a lot of hassle simply to have a phone which works while it is switched on!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jetie

If it is a software problem do you have any idea if it can be fixed in any way?

Please use plain text.
JSanders

The easiest cheapest quick fix to troubleshoot this would to try a new SIM card.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.