Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
Blue-Chili
My Device: q10
My Carrier: q10

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

i really hope someone from blackberry is going to take care about this!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cr1pps
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have this SAME issue :smileysad:

I could cry... or scream!!!

My Q10 has deleted EVERY email back to 23rd April!!!!

I'm trying to find work and rely on my inbox, this sucks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
justbstill
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi I am the latest victim. I called BB and they are looking into now and will call me back. All of my emails from the past 10 years have been deleted from the Yahoo server and from outlook. However, my emails are still on another computer I own running an older version of Outlook. Will let you all know what happens

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

Wow...10 years?!? GOOD LUCK!

After working with BB tech support and sending the log files they called me back too. They had no ideas why it happend or how to prevent it. I requested keeping the case open.  This was the most recent follow up from June 17:

"I was just following up to see if the issue has reoccurred with the deletion or if you had found out anything else on the mail server logs?

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you XXXXX again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
BlackBerry Technical Support
BlackBerry"

As i read into it,  basically this means we're all on our own and guinea pigs. My reply included a link to this forum...

wtf can we do everybody? other than make noise about it OR switch to something other than blackberry (which i don't want to do)....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arhh22
My Carrier: rogers

Let me join the list.  How is it possible that blackberry isn't doing anything about this??? I had my entire hub wiped out this afternoon - 2 email accounts, texts, phone records...

Does blackberry even acknowledge this is a problem??????

Even worse is that the phone wiped out the emails on my server at the same time! And of course, for some reason the deleted emails don't appear in my deleted folder (as opposed to my old BES server)

Someone from blackberry please contact me before I give up on your devices across my company forever.  

This is an inexcusable problem.  When I call Rogers to report it they told me to wipe my phone and start again.  They then told me that I can't call blackberry to report a problem unless I pay them for support.  NIce customer service.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cr1pps

Ostrich syndrome? Blackberry sticking their heads in the sand? It's crazy that his hasn't been addressed or publicly acknowledged.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dearsina
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: China Unicom

I believe they have said that they are aware of it happening.

Since so many of us are on this thread, perhaps it would be useful to see if there are any commonalities between our setups that perhaps triggered the bug. From what I'm reading though, it seems to be happening regardless of service provider, regardless of email provider and regardless of any particular time of day or month. The only commonality seems to be that we all have Z10 phones. Is there anything I have missed?

The bug seems to wipe everything in the Hub except Facebook and WhatsApp. Emails, SMS and call logs seem to always disappear, in my own experience, data for 1 month disappeared, and that also happens to be how far back I have set my BlackBerry to fetch messages.

SMS and call logs are complicated, but I'm sure one of us can ask for server logs from when the BlackBerry suddenly starts asking for emails to be deleted, it seems a really odd request.

Any other things? I'm sure this is a small bug, but BlackBerry need to throw some resource behind it, if we cannot trust the Hub, what's the point of having a BB10?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arye
My Carrier: o2

You have missed one small point,

I who started this post have a Q10. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cr1pps

I think it's just bb10 rather than z/q
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

+1 arhh22.The longer this drags out the more i really think if we all don't start making a big stink about it, which we should anyway, it's just going to get ignored- as cripps nailed it, 'ostrich syndrome'.

After posting my email from BB tech support yesterday they replied again to me, could be coincidence but i doubt it this is the reply from BB got now:

Thank you for following up with me, I appreciate your patience and will keep the case open for further investigation. The behavior is not expected behavior. As I mentioned before we're taking this issue very seriously and trying to further investigation this issue but haven't been able to reproduce this internally and if it does recreate we'll need to gather logs as soon as possible to help our investigation to avoid the logs from being over-written.

SOMEONE at Blackberry knows this is an issue with more than one person and yes, ayre- original poster, the problem appears to be with the operating system not just a specific model but there are so many moving parts in teh equation...breezing through peoples profiles shows it's not limited to a specific carrier either...BUT WE SHOULDN'T BE SPENDING OUR TIME, ENERGY, MONEY AND LIVES TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT!!!
There are SO MANY more things I would be doing if I weren't trying to piece together bits of information from my months of missing emails so I can turn in billable hours NOR SHOULD I EAT THE COST OF THE MONEY I'VE LOST FROM THE EMAILS THAT WERE DELETED BY THE BLACKBERRY. 

Has anyone else heard back from BB with any substantial info? also, anyone communicating with them should send a link to this forum to assist in BB tech's research...ugh.

Please use plain text.