Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
arye
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

Re: OMG! My Q10 has just deleted all my emails and text messages!!

Yes, 100's makes sense, 

But why is it only happening to 100's and not millions, we all have the same updates and software!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dearsina
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: China Unicom

I suspect very much there is some trigger point, or a certain combination of settings that we have, that for some reason prompts the Hub to delete everything in it.

It's interesting to read that it has happened twice to one of you, that's somewhat disconcerting.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arye

I am on my 3rd time, happens every 3 weeks or so. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
arye

Okay, here goes, happened again this morning 8am!

I had just downloaded my emails to my computer, so thank God got the important bits, but text messages and call logs gone. 

But I have something that triggered it. 

I had a couple of emails trying to be sent but kept getting stuck as the attachement had not downloaded so the message was not sending, I tried this a few times without success. Anyway I had a couple of emails trying to send and I decided to delete all the emails that were in the process of sending and the ones that had the red circle by then that had failed. For some reason since the hub was busy trying to send and receive, they would not delete. I kept banging on the email and delete button to get rid of them.

Lo and behold, all my emails disappeared!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

That sounds difficult to isolate all the actions that were happening when erasing occurred or impossible to accuratley recreate the same situation...

did you or can you send the log files to Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
OmniT
My Device: 9650

From what I can tell of the accounts I've read over on Crackberry, this is a real issue and it sounds like a serious bug.

There's no reason the device should ever send a "delete or move last 30 days of email" command to an email server EVER.

Because A) the 30 day email retention time which was the limit on early builds of BB10 was only the ON DEVICE retention, that has NOTHING to do with what is on the server. So any "delete" or "move" actions should ALWAYS be user-initiated.

And B) there actually is no "delete last 30 days of emails" or "move last 30 days of emails" command in Blackberry 10. There is a "Delete all prior" command, but there is no time parameter you can specify there.

So it's clear to me that this has to be a bug, one way or the other.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
misterblank
My Device: Z10

Indeed.

we just have to make it clear to Mr. Heins and anyone at Blackberry that cares about us/their company/losing even more loyal to-a-fault customers to the aapl and goog.

Please use plain text.
weperry
My Carrier: sasktel

This just happened to me a couple of days ago as well on my q10. I have been reading the forum to find out how to contact BlackBerry support to see if this is a glitch or if there is any way to retrieve the info - so far I'm unsuccessful - is there any hope in a solution? Is this fixed? How do I protect these text messages from loss again? HELP PLEASE!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
murat_selim_ozturk
My Device: bold
My Carrier: Etisalad

I have the same problem with My Boss' Q10. 

It deletes last 30 days of mails, sent mails and he has to recover them from trash with Outlook.

There must be some official response to this... This is totally stupid and ridiculous... This is business phone, and it is damaging the business gravely by deleting the mails... 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Palmier
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Fido

Hello everyone,

I have had the exact same problem over the last two months. I sent it back to BBRY via my provider for repair. They sent it back to me 3 weeks after. They said they found out a rebooting problem and supposedly resolved it.

But the problem came back exactly three weeks after. My emails got deleted both from my blackberry Q10 and my accounts. I also lost my SMS and calls too. Facebook notifications et messages are the only ones remaining. For the record I have a gmail and a microsoft exchange account.

It's insane that such a problem hasn't been fixed yet!

Please use plain text.