Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
museem
My Carrier: Ooredoo
Accepted Solution

OS Update 10.2.1.537

[ Edited ]

Hi

I tried to install the new Blackberry OS update (10.2.1.537). I downloaded the update file (size 1.1 GB) via OTA (wireless connection) then when installing it got interrupted.

Now when I try to update again it says clear memory. It seems the file I downloaded earlier has been downloaded into the phone memory and now the update is trying to download the file again and there is no memory in my phone.

What can I do now? Is there a way I can find and delete the previously downloaded Update file?

Regards

Museem

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: OS Update 10.2.1.537

How did it get interrupted?

If it were me I would use BB Link to make a full backup. Then use Link to reinstall the OS. It should install the latest version. Then you can restore your backup if you desire. I actually recommend NOT restoring as small bugs can sometimes be introduced from your data but it's up to you.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34045
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
museem

Hi John

Well it just got interrupted when it was being installed. The Wireless network was working fine, phone was plugged in and yet it just stop

Then when i went back to the notification tab on the BB Hub, it showed update paused and when i tried to resume it keeps saying to clear memory from the phone memory before it can continue.

I guess the phone is trying to download the whole update file again and the memory is now full because of a the OS update file it has already downloaded

Regards

Museem

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

Try my suggestion to make a backup and reload the OS.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
museem

Hello John

Yes! it worked. LINK did the job for me. It is updated now

Thanks

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite III
John_Clark

So, the reload process through Link worked? That download through Link had been failing for everyone. Guess they've fixed it. Good to know!
Please use plain text.