Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Hamasutra
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Outlook notes...howto sync them to my Blackberry z 10

I keep a lot of information in Outlook notes...used to sync them to my Blackberry,  I recently activated my new Z10 with the blackberry balance and notices that i lost all my notes. is there a way to fix this?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Outlook notes...howto sync them to my Blackberry z 10

[ Edited ]

Syncing with Outlook is not supported at this time but they plan on later this year.  We have a long thread on this topic in the other area.

I have no solution for the notes.  I use them to for everything from passwords to groceries. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

When you are on BDS which connects to Exchange (which I guess you told us when saying you are using Balance) just have a look to the Remember App. Your Notes and Tasks should be there
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfp67
My Carrier: Rogers

I used ActivSync to connect to my Exchange account and my notes didn't Sync but my tasks did, and yes there are folders in the Remember APP for both of these items.

The notes folder is empty (even though I chose "yes" to notes during account setup). My Tasks folder did sync with Exchange but unfortunaley there is no support for recurring tasks on the Z10 so when you check that the task has been completed, it doesn't recreate itself. This feature was available in the previous OS. Hopefully it is just an oversight and will be rectified soon. After waiting patiently for so long for this phone it is a bit dissapointing that this along with other basic features did not come included right out of the box.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

[ Edited ]

Have a look to other ActiveSync devices and you will notice that no device is able to synchronize memos and only iOS is able sync tasks. So BB10 is much better syncing your basic features right now than all the others :smileywink:

But I agree, there is still a lot to do for BlackBerry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hamasutra
My Carrier: Bell

When i look my task were trasfered over which is fine, as i only had two tasks. Hopefully Blackberry will get  a fix for this soon, as my notes hold all my data which i need pretty much everyday.

I wonder if i try to do a device switch will my notes trasfer from my old device to the z 10

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ashok2067
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Recently we have changed the BB Torch to Z-10 approximately 10 Users but there is lots of bugs in the same major bugs is Notes is not synchronization with Exchange server

all Z-10 users are directors level and complained the same

Can you please update the same when its will fix the issue with BB Z-10

Because earlier version its was working fine

Thanks Ashok

Please use plain text.
m3500
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

I have a Q10 and am very disappointed at not being able to sync my computer Outlook notes with Blackberry. What were they thinking at ignoring this critical functionality?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
falcotec
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I have Q10 as well, and all my Outlook notes in an Exchange environment are synced with active sync perfectly into Remember.

What i am missing is that some of the notes are not in the search index of BB10/Q10, so if searching for something which is definitly in Outlook notes and is a "task" in remember might not be found, some others are.

What goes on here? How to refresh the index?

Jörg

Q10 Firmware/Software 10.1.0.238

... after some testing, I found that my Notes are also not synced. Only those are in Remember which were on Bold 9900 and I think were transfered with BB link software. No sync at all with Outlook notes via active sync.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rbmiller6
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

At least you can save the notes to an Excel file and then upload it regularly to the Z10. You'll have all the important information without imputing it file by file.
Please use plain text.