Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
FuzzyFish
My Device: Zed10, 9900, Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada
Accepted Solution

Problems with Google Apps calendar and contact list

Hi everyone,

First off I did a search but the results that came back are all either outdated (using ActiveSync) or doesn't work for me (CalDAV and using the default Add Account client).

I have a free Google Apps Gmail business account (e.g. @companyname instead of @gmail) and having trouble getting it to sync the calendar and contacts. I had no issue adding my regular Gmail account and that synced all the emails, contact list and calendar but the Google Apps account will only add my @website account but not the calendar nor contact list.

Can anyone help or point me towards a thread that I might have missed? 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problems with Google Apps calendar and contact list

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, the result regarding ActiveSync may have been on-target...refer:

• KB33472 How to integrate a Google Apps email account using Microsoft ActiveSync

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FuzzyFish

Thanks for the quick response!

I tried that before but unfortunately that doesn't work. I get the following message:

"Service for account (my Google App email) is not available. Access should be available soon. [Error Code: 403]"

Google had stopped supporting ActiveSync a couple months back for their free Google Apps accounts and no new device (to the user, not new to market) work with ActiveSync anymore. 

Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

Oh, I'm sorry...I missed the word "free" on your first post...you have free Google Apps rather than paid Google Apps...AFAIK, only paid accounts still receive ActiveSync:

• KB33798 BlackBerry 10 smartphone displays the error message "Service for account <account name> is not available, access should be available soon error 403" when trying to integrate a free Gmail account via Microsoft ActiveSync

As such, you have to configure via IMAP, which you must first be sure to activate via the Gmail webmail interface. As per the above KB, the BB10 wizard should be able to properly configure, without having to provide any advanced details (after you have activated your Google account for IMAP, of course).

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FuzzyFish

Thanks again, I'll give that a shot.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FuzzyFish

Very cool, it somehow worked this time! I had previously enabled IMAP on my Gmail Apps account already but the default simple "Add Account" never worked for me, but it just did!!

I'm a very happy camper right now. :smileyhappy: Thanks for all your help sdgardne!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are very welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
FuzzyFish

Will definitely do so, waited for the Q10 to come out before deciding which phone to jump into BB10 with (The Q10 was fantastic, I loved the built quality and materials, but went with the Z this time). Loving the Z10 so far! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.