Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Sync Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks etc...

Interesting...the Outlook.com approach worked perfectly for me, and from being lost "in the Microsoft cloud", I really can deduce nothing useful to try and help you. But, everyone chooses their own paths...good luck with yours!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bskitmor
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi There -- "Lost" just means that the synch to/from Outlook.com was inoperative.  I followed the instructions on the blog as best I could and set up the Hotmail account that I had created on my z10 and the connection seemed to take OK plus the Hotmail account showed up OK as a set of Outlook 2007 folders.  I tried adding a couple of test calendar and contact entries on both Outlook and the z10 but they did not show up in either my laptop Outlook instance or on the z10.  I tried playing around with the z10 config e.g. unsetting "Push" but without any luck.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...well that is definitely more useful information...sadly, all that you report seems to be all that I've discovered to ensure it all works (using "Pull" on the Z10 rather than "Push" was a key item).

Then again, before even trying to even configure it on your Z10, did you first check Outlook.com itself to ensure that the data was even there? It must first arrive to there from your Outlook client before the Z10 can synchronize with it. And it can take some time to get there... The sequence I recommend is getting your Outlook client and Outlook.com working together first, and then adding other devices into the mix.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bskitmor

OK -- I'm going through your more detailed description (the link you posted a couple of days ago) and will fllow that and let you know how Iit goes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bskitmor

Eureka -- got as far as synching the Hotmail contacts with the z10. Now for the rest: amazing what a little patience will yield!!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh my! I thought you'd already done that! Sorry...I must have not understood you quite correctly. In any event, I'm glad it's now working better for you, and I wish you all the best of luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bskitmor

Once I overcame my own conceptual problems I have this working well.  I struggled a bit getting the calendar security set up correctly:  I shared the Hotmail calendar with the email address that I use on the BB10 and in addition I had to give that shared identity "co-owner" rights before full two way sharing of the calendar clicked in.  Contacts worked from the get go.  The Outlook client is also pretty clean and once I sorted out the preferred email IDs on the Oulook client and on the Hotmail site all my messages are consolidated into single in and sent folders.  This is better for me than a local USB or wifi sync but to each his or her own!

Thanks again for the help

Please use plain text.