Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

The best keyboard.....period?

BlackBerry claims to now have the best keyboard in the industry, period.  The company claims you can cut down your keystrokes considerably and the phone will learn your typing habits and adapt.  Those are pretty wild claims so I copied an experiment I saw on some website to see if the claims hold up.

I typed out a paragraph that had 182 characters in it.  While typing it out, I took note of how many of the keys I actually hit, with the rest of them being swipes.  In total, I pressed down on 52 of the characters in that paragraph.  That's 52 out of 182....less than 1/3 of them.  So far, impressive. 

BlackBerry also claims that BB10 phones will learn your typing habits and adapt.  This I HAD to see.  In the interest of fairness, I typed out some other messages so that when I re-typed the same paragraph, the phone wouldn't rely on the text that was typed out just previously.  Guess what?  IT ADAPTED!!  Of the 182 characters in the original paragraph, I now had to type only 21.  That's about 90% fewer characters I'd have to type than someone on a competing brand of smartphone.

I was skeptical of the claims but my experiment clearly shows that they hold true.  I invite you to experiment on your own.

Thank you, BlackBerry, for the best keyboard in the industry.........period!  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: The best keyboard.....period?

Do you feel like David Copperfield now? :smileywink:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I feel like I can now get more things done.

(Moderators, please note how I incorporated a BlackBerry slogan in to this response.  That should be worth something.)  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

The keyboard is one thing RIM did perfectly. I like it a lot!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrianFMartin
My Device: z10
My Carrier: EE (Formally T-Mobile)

It crossed my mind that something was fishy.

When I first started typing "lol" it was auto whatever lok. However now it's lol

Also when I type ^_^ which is my favourite and only expression I use ^_^ on my last blackberry 8520 I had to use six keys. My blackberry has adjusted ^_^ 

Brian

@BlinkBrian
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

The keyboard does learn what you type.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

I must admit that I am very impress by the keyboard. There are many here and on some BBM group that can testify as to that fact that I was saying left and right that such a device (with a virtual keyboard) was not very good, well I must present my apologies to all.

I bought today (2013/02/05) on the first day that the Z10 is available in Canada, and I have tested the device and the keyboard is very impressive, it does learn how you are typing, and in my case I use 2 languages (English and French) and it does learn and it can make the difference on its own as to which language I am typing

It is the BEST KEYBOARD .... PERIOD

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I couldn't agree more. I was skeptical about it but I'm now loving it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

rat-7 wrote:

I must admit that I am very impress by the keyboard. There are many here and on some BBM group that can testify as to that fact that I was saying left and right that such a device (with a virtual keyboard) was not very good, well I must present my apologies to all.

are you David Pogue's friend ? :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.