Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

fprimex
My Device: nothing yet
My Carrier: AT&T

Thinking of switching, hitting snags with QNX / BB10 POSIX

Hi all,

I am considering picking up a Blackberry 10 device and make the switch. Two things I want and am researching are (1) the ability to get a local terminal/shell on the phone, and (2) the ability to open local HTML5 files.

On (1), I've found BG Shell / BG SSH but haven't been able to try it for myself yet. Since it's a native application it won't load up in the simulator. However, I can telnet to the simulator and also had another BB10 user on reddit try a command for me which failed. The command was:

for p in $(echo $PATH | tr : ' '); do ls -1 "$p"; done | sort > all_bins.txt

The problem was that the `tr` command was not found, which I found extremely puzzling. QNX claims to be POSIX and as best I can tell BB10 isn't really any more stripped down than QNX already is. So where is `tr`, and, more worrisome, what else is missing?

I also found that, at least when accessing the simulator over telnet, python3.2 complained that it could not find its local platoform independent files (the system site-packages directory containing the stdlib).

I haven't gotten around to (2) yet. Hoping there are no issues editing and viewing local HTML5 / JS files.

Any insight or pointing me to a bug tracker would be appreciated!

Please use plain text.