Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
leppa
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: blau.de

Ukrainian language support for virtual keyboard

I'm very interested to be able to write in Ukrainian language on BlackBerry 10. However, the Ukrainian layout is missing. Thus, I created a new feature request which you can find here: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-858.

If anybody else is also interested, please, follow the link and vote for it.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hobnob
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Ukrainian language support for virtual keyboard

I'd like to see this added as well.

Seems to me some just see the existing Russian-language input as an "all-encompassing Cyrillic language support", which it isn't

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hobnob

I have a problem accessing the page in question and so do others to whom I forwarded the URL. Is this a petition of sorts to ask BlackBerry to add Ukrainian language support for BlackBerry 10??

I noticed a petition on CrackBerry.com as well, there are many, many requests for this on that site as well, but no word from BlackBerry at all regarding this.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa

hobnob wrote:

I have a problem accessing the page in question and so do others to whom I forwarded the URL. Is this a petition of sorts to ask BlackBerry to add Ukrainian language support for BlackBerry 10??

It's an issue of type "New Feature" that I created on their bugtracker. I've already been told that people can't access the link so it looks like it's visible only to reporter and BlackBerry stuff.

Since reporting it on 14th of February it was assigned to someone on 21st of Ferbruary. No further updates or comments since then.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Veselka
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SFR

Please, please! Add Ukrainian language support! I failed to buy an Iphone to have it, but I won't fail the next time...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hobnob

leppa wrote:

Since reporting it on 14th of February it was assigned to someone on 21st of Ferbruary. No further updates or comments since then.

Any news on this at all? Any word from BlackBerry or elsewhere that Ukrainian will be included as a keyboard input option in future OS updates?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa

hobnob wrote:

leppa wrote:

Any news on this at all? Any word from BlackBerry or elsewhere that Ukrainian will be included as a keyboard input option in future OS updates?

No news from my side but there's an article on ITC.ua which states that Ukrainian mobile operator MTS announced Ukrainian language support for BlackBerry 7 and 10 to be delivered by this summer. Not sure, however, whether it will be included in all ROMs or in some custom MTS one. Here's this article: http://itc.ua/news/smartfonyi-blackberry-poluchat-podderzhku-ukrainskogo-yazyika/
--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Veselka
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SFR

Good news! It's better late than never! Do you think it's possible that it will be reserved to MTS clients only? Won't it be possible to load it through internet? Anyway, I really hope the news is reliable!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
leppa

Veselka wrote:
Do you think it's possible that it will be reserved to MTS clients only? Won't it be possible to load it through internet?

I hope that Ukrainian will be in the core of BlackBerry 10 as all other languages are.

Veselka wrote:
Anyway, I really hope the news is reliable!

I'd call ITC.ua more or less reliable source.

--
With best regards,
Oleksii Serdiuk
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hc-pastor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Wind

Gotta have it for sure! Dear Blackberry, please add it! It would be so nice of you!

Please use plain text.