Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
JohnnyWoppa
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: o2

Upgrade to Z10

Hi there can you assist me on a few issues,

Upgraded to Z10 from 9800 Torch on Monday. Traded in 9800 torch in after doing a protect back. Expecting to be able gain protect data on new handset as done on previous upgrades.  Unable to gain information on new handset,

to be Only advised that I need to use BB link to transfer information from old handset to new. As I no longer own/have the old handset I am now lost as to how I gain access to information on Z10 ! Please Advise

Also

Have set up bridge on my Playbook with the z10 and I am totally lost, as it has lost all functionality as previously experienced on 9800 bridge. Is the new update coming or can BB re configure play book ? Only have it since December !!  have I wasted my money ??? 

Johnny

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Adam8
My Device: BlackBerry 10

Re: Upgrade to Z10

BlackBerry Protect on the Z10 cannot be used to restore data to the device. You well need to have a backup of your old device saved to a computer system. The backup of the old device would have been created with Desktop Software. Using BlackBerry Link (which is not Desktop Software, you can restore the old backup to the new z10.

Select Restore and then navigate to the location of your older backup file created and then select restore all. Message back if you have other issues Please :smileyhappy:

PS you did not waste your money, the move from the older device to the newer device can get interesting if your point of purchase representative (your carrier) doesn't inform you have how it can be done correctly.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,826
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Do you have a backup from the former device made to your PC?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JohnnyWoppa

yes from about a month ago, but will still lose out on recent additions hence running BlackBerry Protect before upgrade!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JohnnyWoppa

After such a wait I am just annoyed that what ism used to just hadn't been updated! Z10 just seem like a blackberry any more
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,826
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If you have your past backup, use Link to restore that backup to your Z10.

Select ONLY the contacts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.