Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
dcolpitts
My Device: Z10 & 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Voice Control usability issues

I'm stumped on two things.

1.) How do I get voice control to dial a phone number I say... Not a number associated to a name, but something like "call 506-123-5555".
2.) I have some duplicate names in my contacts list (darn Microsoft Lync) - for a few contacts they are listed three times. When I use voice control to "call joe blow's mobile", it tells me to select which "joe blow" - there are three of them listed... I assume I have to touch the screen to do this - kind of defeats the purpose of hands free while I'm driving.

Any ideas?

dcc

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Voice Control usability issues

Hey dcolpitts,

Thanks for the question.

Instead of saying "Call Joe" say "Dial 506-123-5555" This will work everytime.  Also if you have multiple numbers for the contact it will always ask which contact you would like to use, this can be fixed by controlling what contacts are being shown in the Address Book.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Summerbug
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: ATT

Actually that does not work for duplicated (or triplicated) contacts.  My Z10 is only showing GMail contacts, and it has made two and three copies of some, and deleted others.  Sometimes if I just say the name and which number again it will dial it, other times I'm out of luck until it is safe to pull over.

Also voice commands do not recognize English very well.  Where is the option to train it to recognize how an individual says things (a feature in all bb's until this one?)

J. Rogers
Please use plain text.
Contributor
HotFix
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

I also have issues with Voice Control and duplicate contacts.

My duplicate contacts come from the fact that I have the same contact in my work email connected through Balance on my BES 10 server, and in my personal email account connected through ActiveSync.

I have reasons for having the contact in both email accounts, so I really can't remove the duplicate one. Voice Control doesn't want to let me say "the first one" or "number 1", so essentially Voice Control is useless for me to dial someone hands free.

And by hands free I mean I use Bluetooth to dial the phone's voice control so I don't even have to take it out of my holster.

I hope BlackBerry builds some sort way to address this soon.

Please use plain text.