Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
tarmpung
My Device: Bold 9900 - Playbook
My Carrier: Truemove

Why are there too many different versions of one BB10 model?

I think one BB10 model goes with 2 LTE versions and 1 CDMA verion is enough but Blackberry released 5 versions for each Q10 and Z10 for what?

Yes, it may reduce cost with STL100-1 and STL100-3 RFF91LW but ...

This makes customers who can only buy one of those two versions in their country will wonder why their phone got different quality and different hardware (chipset). Some Apps/games are not running smooth on STL100-1 but are running smooth on other versions. Customers may feel that they are discriminated.

It's hard for users to discuss on forums about hardware, software, OS issues because of same model but different versions, each version has its own OS.

It also costs developers a lot of time and effort to make the apps, OSs compatible with each device version ----> late OS release -----> cannot satisfy all customers.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vfk
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Why are there too many different versions of one BB10 model?

Just as there are different car manufacturers.... there are different cellphone carriers that use different hardware and different frequencies.

Some of this is mandated by government (frequency availability) and some by evolution of carrier hardware upgrades. 

If you think Blackberry is bad.... Android is far worse where apps will work on one device and fail to work on another.

Please use plain text.